Broken In
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all ur guides and suggestions, I just got the following rig :

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ venice core
ASUS A8N-E Mboard
512 MB DDR 400 Transcend RAM
Leadtek 6600GT

I assembled the system and am encountering the following problem :

1 . I have enabled cool & Quiet in the BIOS and installed all drivers provided in the CD. I then installed the COOL & QUIET s/w but it does not work giving me an error - "can`t open IO.SYS " and "EAccessviolation". What could be the problem ? And how do I rectify this ? By the way I have not installed Ai Booster as specified on the manual.

Aparajith .S

theraven

Technomancer
which os are u using ?
are u tryin to use winxp 64 bit ?
i think cool n quiet has issues with that .
besides there are separate 32 bit and 64 bit versions of it i think

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
It's an application error (possibly) from asus cool n' quiet app. Reinstall the cool 'n quiet drivers and then install the asus cool 'n quiet.

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
Am using Windows XP with SP2 - a 32bit OS. Also I have tried uninstalluing, reinstalling as much as possible. Even cleaned the registry but to no avail. Am trying to contact ASUS by the way. Let me see if they can reply me.

Aparajith .S

technoteen

Journeyman
mate no need to install the cool and quite software or drivers fo amd 64 in windows xp

you should just visit amd.com and install the latest processor drivers
after that go to the power options(from the screen saver dialog of display properties) and then select the "minimal power managment" power scheme. and thats it your cool and quite is up and working
for verification you can use cpuz

also you can then set the different time outs( for switching of the display) in the power option as per your choice but make sure the scheme does not changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom