Problem with my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
I was just cleaning my Cabinet's insides and had removed the components (HDD,RAM,PCI Accessories & stuff), the only thing left on the Motherboard were the processor n heatsink.
So now I started cleaning the motherboard of any dust using my vaccum cleaner, as I always do.
Then, when I was putting all things back on the motherboard, I had some tough time inserting the RAM in its slot, suddenly I noticed a small crack sound, it definitely came from the motherboard, but it wasnt like it had cracked, it just bent a little as it always does while inserting anything.
But now, the PC refused to start after connecting everything, the LEDs on the cabinet were ON but the display was like on Standby.
So I thought there is some problem with display cord, I checked it but when the PC started there was no BEEP sound also, so I thought there is definitely some problem with the motherboard, n it reminded me of that crack sound.
So what I did just to try was bending the motherboard slightly in the opposite direction of the previous bent n it worked. I think the small connetions of wires running all through the motherboard broke when the MB was bent.
Currently I am typing from the same PC, but it just hangs in between without any warning, especially when the Cabinet is disturbed.
Now what should I do, the damage has been done already!

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You can't do anything if you cracked the tracks on the mobo(Which has happened with you).

I think you will have to buy a new one. :(

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
unfortunately, there's no way to repair the damage(even if it's done, it wont be reliable).

u can try using a different slot.

check your ram with another pc just to make sure the ram is ok. and start searching for a mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom