Problem with my graphics card or not???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek_wings

Right off the assembly line
I have a XFX 5200 128mb graphics card, but i am still not able to play NFS UG2 with full graphics. Can u please help me out.

magnet

Youngling
wht problem u actually get(screen run outs while game loads????)?????also mention your sys config....and do update the drivers....

rohanbee

Padawan
Maybe the problem here is full graphics. You dont have a very high end card!!!
Try making all graphics at a medium sort of a level and see.
Also for anyone to help you out completely please describe the problem in detail.

sumitava_b

In the zone
akshayt said:
isn't that waste of time?

you don't even know the problem

@Akshayt, dont get that heavy on a guy who has just entered the DIGIT arena. He may not know what r the details anyone need to solve the prob. He will learn for sure. 8)

Vivek, with a XFX 5200, dont expect that much. Playing underground2 with full resolution with that card may not be possible. Better you put ur query in this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19466

How ever, welcome to this world, Vivek. Njoy DIGITizing... :wink: ...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
even if you play it may be just too slow

you need a radeon 9800pro or geforce 6600gt to play @ 1024*768,all setting on and you might switch as much af as you like

shaunak

Tux Fan
hey nfs u2 runs on my 865 mobo onboard card!!! of corse there is no prob with ur card its fine. try updating ur drivers

rohanbee

Padawan
akshayt said:
even if you play it may be just too slow

you need a radeon 9800pro or geforce 6600gt to play @ 1024*768,all setting on and you might switch as much af as you like

What are you talking about im playing it on my 915gav onboard display chip (anxiously waiting for my ordered 6600GT though :p ) and with less graphics it works!! Its not that you can't play it. Its playable to some extent.

D

Deleted member 5901

Hello my pal plays it at 1024*768 on his 19"monitor
At very good Rate Full graphics on !!!

on his GeForce Fx 5700 with 256 mb (ASUS Card)

So hey akshayt when u dont know anything apart from ur 6600gt KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT !!!!

CHEERS Evryone !!!

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
vivek_wings said:
I have a XFX 5200 128mb graphics card, but i am still not able to play NFS UG2 with full graphics. Can u please help me out.

Read it carefully guys,

HE SAID <WITH FULL GRAPHICS>:twisted:

this dude is asking a rather impossible thing here ....

@akshayt
I HAVE SAME CARD...

I PLAY THE NFS UNDERGROUND AT 800 X 600, HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT.

DEFINETLY THIS CARD IS FOR CASUAL GAMERS, NOT FOR HARDCORE GAMERS!!! :wink:

OP
V

vivek_wings

Right off the assembly line
THANKS GUYZ. i THOUGHT MY GRAPHICS CARD WAS LIKE A VERY COOL ONE WHICH COULD ACTUALLY PLAY ALL THE LATEST GAMES WITH FULL GRAPHICS. nOW UNDERSTAND. thANKS

vivek_wings said:

Try disabling Ultra bright and Extra contrast (or something like that) in NFSUG2 advanced graphics settings. Also disable Anti Aliasing (AA) and Anisotrpic Filtering (AF) in the game. Try enabling AA and AF in display driver settings.

You should be able to run it at close to maximum after doing the above and at 1024x768 game resolution without AA and AF. However do not expect too much from FX5200. It's after all just a base version of the previous series of cards from nVidia.

Keith

rohanbee

Padawan
In non-computing lingo what would you describe AA and AF as. What in the graphics rendering scheme of things do these things actually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom