problem with mouse (plz help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
i have a problem with my ps2 mouse sometimes it get detected during boot then it works in windows xp for sometime may be 10-12 minutes and then cursor stops moving .the same thing happens with usb mouse too .sometimes when it is not detected during boot the cursor doesn't even move from the starting itself

any ideas

amitash

Intel OCer
^+1 its mostly a driver issue..reinstall ur motherboards drivers or if u have a spare mouse lying arround then try if tat works.Or try borrowing a friends mouse to try..tat will verify its a hardware prob

OP
gauravsuneja

gauravsuneja

macaddict
yar windows format kar liya sab kuch kar dekh liya fr bhi wohi problem hai hcl ka engineer bhi aaya tha woh bhi pareshan hai

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
i have a problem with my ps2 mouse sometimes it get detected during boot then it works in windows xp for sometime may be 10-12 minutes and then cursor stops moving .the same thing happens with usb mouse too .sometimes when it is not detected during boot the cursor doesn't even move from the starting itself any ideas
This problem may well be related to bios, since many times the mouse is not even detected at boot time.

Earlier I also had such problem. The motherboard (865), sometimes, would not detect keyboard or mouse and complain about it. I contacted the customer care (of Intel) and they suggested to update the BIOS. I did the update, and after that the problem was gone; and a new one came up. Now the PC will directly boot after switching ON the UPS :cool:. I again contacted the customer care and they told me to downgrade BIOS. :confused:
I'm still living with it.

But you have HCL at your disposal, they would possibly do whatever they could to solve your problem, even if they'll have to change mouse or even the board. Rest assured, cheers...:)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
by yogeshm.007
This problem may well be related to bios, since many times the mouse is not even detected at boot time.

Earlier I also had such problem. The motherboard (865), sometimes, would not detect keyboard or mouse and complain about it. I contacted the customer care (of Intel) and they suggested to update the BIOS. I did the update, and after that the problem was gone; and a new one came up. Now the PC will directly boot after switching ON the UPS . I again contacted the customer care and they told me to downgrade BIOS.
I'm still living with it.

But you have HCL at your disposal, they would possibly do whatever they could to solve your problem, even if they'll have to change mouse or even the board. Rest assured, cheers...

+1. try updating ur BIOS if drivers didnt solve it,else call and harass M$ ;)

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Are yaar mouse kharab ho gaya hai*files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Boo.gif
naya kharid le na :)*files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom