Problem with monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajU
Recently I shifted my computer and then this occures: when I start it the monitor does not show any thing, the light at the bottom of the monitor always remains orange, never becomes green. I have graphics card, I have also tried connecting the cable to the on-board but still nothing happens. Then I called a mechanic, he did some thing by opening the cabinet and now it is working fine. Can any one give any idea what he has done because he didn't told me/wanted to tell me?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Normally, in the rainy seasons (due to moisture in the environment) there is accumulation of Moisture on the card and also around the picture tube (in ur monitor) so due to this , the connector is also moisturised..

This can be solved by just unplugging and replugging the monitor cord tat goes at the back side of ur monitor and it will solve the problem. (i hv tried it and it works for me.)

If he opened the cabinet, then he must hv unsocketted and resocketted the AGP card and cleaned it with a cloth to remove the moisture (coz of the damp weather). So there is nothing to worry about. Sumtimes u will get a hazy appearance while switching ON ur Monitor and after sum time the haziness (blurr effect) will go away, this is simply bcoz as the picture tube (CRT) warms up, then the moisture goes away.

I hope my explaination was helpful to u.. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

reddy_exile

Right off the assembly line
hi, i have a problem with the monitor.Whenever i switch on my comp the monitor does not switch on it always shows the orange color light.This problem occurs frequently.Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom