problem with media player

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj_kshetri

Broken In
i m using "service pack 2" and it had windows media player as one of its default programs.
i tried to install "media player 10" and message of following type appeared:
you have "Windows Media Player" already installed.Setup error
after that, everytime its the same problem and the worst part, my "media player has also disappeared.
can anybody suggest soution to my problem?

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
do u want to use windows media player?? any specific reasons...
if not, u can switch to Media player Classic, VLC Player or K media player..

SUDE

Rahim

Married!
Try reinstalling from Add/Remove Programs after unhiding the updates in Controlpanel.

@sude: WMP gives the best Media Mangement which VLC, MPC doesnt provide.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Error messages are identified by numerical IDs, such as C00D0BC2 and 800704CF. You can determine the ID of a specific error message by clicking the More Information or Web Help button on the error message when you encounter it. The resulting page will indicate the error ID.
for the related error and their solutions look here:
*www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/10/errors.aspx

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
@rahimveron
i truly agree with u on the point u cited..
i prescribed other media players bcoz raj in his query didnt wrote anything like he has changed to wmp10 for better media management...etc.
moreover,
wmp uses more memory ?? isnt it... so i prescribed other players..

SUDE

OP
R

raj_kshetri

Broken In
@sude
i simply prefer WMP coz of better media management n ya maybe its something like "brand loyalty" in my case.

ABOUT PROBLEM:
n ya about da problem,i simply reinstalled just the WMP's component from XP's CD.n it worked. Actually previously i thought that i have to reboot to rectify that problem.so thanks for all of yr concern guys.
this site really ROCKS.

@sude
i simply prefer WMP coz of better media management n ya maybe its something like "brand loyalty" in my case.

ABOUT PROBLEM:
n ya about da problem,i simply reinstalled just the WMP's component from XP's CD.n it worked. Actually previously i thought that i have to reboot to rectify that problem.so thanks for all of yr concern guys.
this site really ROCKS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom