problem with LG Flatron Monitor, Help requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
My LG Flatron 17� Monitor which is about 4 years old is showing problems, but only during rainy season. (humidity?) When put on, it starts hissing, sometimes loudly, there is garbled display, colour patches etc. By 15 to 20 minutes everything is back to normal and as good as when I purchased it. But occasionally there is some flickering. Will somebody tell me the reason and how a technician can repair it? Particularly, since there is no real LG service centre here. (only their franchisee, with little competence and training)

V.Prem Kumar :cry:

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
D1G1TiZed said:
did u try degaussing ...

Definitely and without any avail!
And the symptoms are not that of magnetic induction, which will not cause hissing sound, as far as I know.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
yea LG has dis problem eva i had da same problem wid my LG monitor.do u hav an Airconditioner in de same room?bcoz of ac it really happens more often.and u dun hav to worry bout it as it happens to most of de LG monitor(older ones) and it dun hav any solution.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
D1G1TiZed said:
my old LG Flatron 17" monitor always flickered when the a/c was on .. but it never gave off sounds ..

The problems with my monitor

1. happens only on rainy days.
2. after about 15 minutes everything is as original.

My doubt is dust accumulation on PCB which gets damp when the humidity is high and dries up when the monitor gets warm. This is only a guess, though having basic knowlege of electronics.

Will somebody please clarify?

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
U r perfectly right...
Just wait for the rainy season to go or take it to a service center for cleaning..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom