problem with installing Acrobat Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
When I try to install Acrobat Reader, it gets interrupted after the screen "preparing to install" begins.
I am using Win98SE with IE removed and firefox installed.
AMD 1600 XP with 256 SD Ram.
I had installed the Reader several times over the years without any problem.
Will any of you kindly help?

Prem Kumar

pirates1323

In the zone
I.E removed.... huh...... thts why it is interrupted in between.......

Hey I also suggest u to change ur windows 'cause 98 us too old man....better use win 2000 pro or above.. or better update ur windows every week........

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
piret he can remove the IE engin.... only the start menu shortcut has been removed... i guess.....

well yes i u r in win98 & trying to install Acrobat 7..... then no i think its not supported....

& from any uperversion of acrobat 5 u need to have IE 5.5 or above to install acrobat......

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
saurav_cheeta said:
piret he can remove the IE engin.... only the start menu shortcut has been removed... i guess.....

well yes i u r in win98 & trying to install Acrobat 7..... then no i think its not supported....

& from any uperversion of acrobat 5 u need to have IE 5.5 or above to install acrobat......

Dear Saurav,
Actually I was always having problems like crashes and hang ups earlier. Once I removed the IE (using IE Eradicator) and Norton System Works and started using Firefox and Avast antivirus along with Zone Alarm, Spybot and Ad Aware, the system is practically problem free and faster. The only problem encountered over the last several months is the one mentioned, ie. Acrobat installation.

And Dear Pirates, I am actually planning to buy Xp. But I am also going to upgrade to AMD 64 939. So What I fear is that if I buy and install and register XP now, once I change my hardware like processor and MB, it may cause problems with the registratio, if what I heard is correct. Kindly enlighten me about this.
V.Prem Kumar

aadipa

Padawan
janitha said:
I am actually planning to buy Xp. But I am also going to upgrade to AMD 64 939. So What I fear is that if I buy and install and register XP now, once I change my hardware like processor and MB, it may cause problems with the registratio, if what I heard is correct. Kindly enlighten me about this.

You will not have any problems if you chnage your hardware for registration/activation. You purchase the software means you own it for your use within EULA. This allows you to install one license copy on as many computers as many times as you want, but only one installation at a time is allowed. So if you want to install the OS on secont PC keeping it also on first PC, it is not allowed.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
aadipa said:
janitha said:
I am actually planning to buy Xp. But I am also going to upgrade to AMD 64 939. So What I fear is that if I buy and install and register XP now, once I change my hardware like processor and MB, it may cause problems with the registratio, if what I heard is correct. Kindly enlighten me about this.

You will not have any problems if you chnage your hardware for registration/activation. You purchase the software means you own it for your use within EULA. This allows you to install one license copy on as many computers as many times as you want, but only one installation at a time is allowed. So if you want to install the OS on secont PC keeping it also on first PC, it is not allowed.

Of course I will use it only on one computer.

Thanks to you all.
V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom