Problem with FX 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

honey62022

Broken In
I have a Asrock MB wih Intel 945 chipset with INtel P4 1.5 ghz processor. I am trying to install FX 5200 agp card but my computer dosen't boot when the card is inserted. i had a GeForce MX 400 which was working properly. I asked my vendor then he told me that FX is 16x and my board is 8x. he is asking me to change the MB. IS he true ? What should do to make the card work in my board. PLs help urgently.pls pls pls pls

OP
H

honey62022

Broken In
ya i m sure . in back its written GF FX5200 128MB DDR TV
WELL i dont wheather its 16 x or what. it looks like an agp card. no pci e type. help.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Check it in u r friends PC.....if it works then the card is fine................
If it fails then get the card replaced...

The card has to be AGP....cozz 5200 is available only in AGP (i think)

OP
H

honey62022

Broken In
Thats the main thing. That card is working on my friends Pc which is running Amd processor. A 2 year old compaq presario.
What should i do ?
This is the pic of my card.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Yes it is a AGP card.........Insert the card and reset the BIOS and make it detect the card from scratch.....

OP
H

honey62022

Broken In
hmm well how do i make it to detect from scratch. i have tried inserting the card and resetting the card. it dosent works my computer starts making some beeps and stops. no boot screen nothing.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Yah it is an AGP card,

now do one thing,
First of all plug in your card then start your comp in Safe Mode by pressing F8 after the POST screen,
if you are able to get the display then uninstall your old cards drivers then restart in safe mode and this time install the new drivers which you must have got with the card,
then restart your comp in normal mode, if done correctly you should the display and have instaled your card succesfully

But if at first only you are not getting display in safe mode also then try VGA mode by pressing F8 during the startup(Same as in safe mode) !!!

and the rest is same !!!

OP
H

honey62022

Broken In
Well i have set my primary display to my onboard vga and started my computer. How do i update my bios. pls help.
and where can i find drivers for my agp card.
its FX 5200 LE.

cant you guys help me ? pls ?

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
honey62022 said:
Well i have set my primary display to my onboard vga and started my computer. How do i update my bios. pls help.
and where can i find drivers for my agp card.
its FX 5200 LE.

cant you guys help me ? pls ?

Turn off the onboard display from the Bios and then insert the card....it should detect it....and update the BIOS from intels website.....and u will get nVidia drivers at www.nvidia.com

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
rachitboom2 said:
Yah it is an AGP card,

now do one thing,
First of all plug in your card then start your comp in Safe Mode by pressing F8 after the POST screen,
if you are able to get the display then uninstall your old cards drivers then restart in safe mode and this time install the new drivers which you must have got with the card,
then restart your comp in normal mode, if done correctly you should the display and have instaled your card succesfully

But if at first only you are not getting display in safe mode also then try VGA mode by pressing F8 during the startup(Same as in safe mode) !!!

and the rest is same !!!

I am again saying that this is the only way that you can get your card working !!!

and as far as disabling onboard display from BIOS is concerned,most of the mobo do it automatically and besides you have been using a GFX card earlier so you wont need to disable anything !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom