My PC is:-
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8N NEO 4 PLATINUM
2 * 512 MB RAM(HYNIX)
LEADTEK PX 6600 GT TDH EXTREME
WINDOWS XP MWDIA CENTRE EDITION(SP 2)
400 W Power
Directx 9.c

My Problem is that I am not getting good effects in the game FARCRY.In the video setting menu when I tried "AUTO DETECT" all the settings
(texture,shadow,water..etc)changed to the lowest settings..Then I changed the setting to 'Very High'.During the game I am getting

1)the floor changed to complete black or blue(as seen in the picture n the link..where it should be green grass)
*img240.imageshack.us/img240/6967/fc17dp.th.jpg

*img240.imageshack.us/img240/3607/fc20lw.th.jpg

2)buildings became very bright...
*img240.imageshack.us/img240/9642/fc3vq.th.jpg

3)low water effects..
*img240.imageshack.us/img240/4726/fcwater2mu.th.jpg

.The perfomance is very bad when compared to my friend's PC(P4 2.4 GHZ ,128 MB non GT)

I have reinstalled the display driver and downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver for Win XP Media Centre Edition..but no change..
Please help me..

Thnx in advance..

Walls too bright --> nVidia ForceWare v77.72 have a gamma bug. Try OverDrive Apocalypse v77.76 drivers (at guru3d.com under nvidia modified)

Uninstall current drivers -> run Driver Cleaner in safe mode (select nvidia option) -> reboot ->install new drivers

Try using farcry profile in nvidia driver settings.

display properties > settings > advanced > geforce6600gt > performance & quality settings > active profile > Far Cry.

You could also try re-installing the game.

-Keith

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
ha! ha! u've not patched the game yet ..... u see the game is originally built to run on cards with sm2.0 max ... u need to patch it to enable support for cards with sm3.0 ...

do this : locate the file system.cfg in the main folder of installation ... look for the keyword "Direct3D9" .... replace it with "OpenGL" .... things will run fine then ... but do get the patch ...

also when the game is up and running .. type this in the console : \r_nops30 1 .... this will make the game run with sm2.0 which should be easily handled by your card ... specially if u have lighting and shadows at high ...

i've patched the game to 1.1,1.3,1.31,1.32 and here are a few screenshots :

*img42.imageshack.us/img42/8020/farcry20050806144617178qo.th.jpg *img42.imageshack.us/img42/5343/farcry20050806152852420oj.th.jpg *img42.imageshack.us/img42/3287/farcry20050806153359355pk.th.jpg *img42.imageshack.us/img42/953/farcry20050806153505076wl.th.jpg *img42.imageshack.us/img42/8082/farcry20050806153548606wn.th.jpg

u need to apply 1.1 before 1.3 , 1.3 before 1.31 and 1.31 before 1.32 ...

OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
Hi
I have changed the "Direct3d9" to "OpenGL" in "system.cfg"
but after loading the game the PC hangs

I have downloaded the Farcry Patch 1.3(74 MB).But after clicking the "NEXT" button in the choose destination drive screen(in the screen) the setup wont continue...the same screen comes(choose destination drive)

Then I download the Farcry patch 1.1(27 MB) ..but during installation
it says that:-
"The installer couldn't find a previous installation of Far Cry.You have to install the game first before you patch it!"
I have installed the game in the F drive in my PC.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
it seems you are using a pirated version of Far Cry . So you will not be able to install the drivers , try changing the video drivers .

mandar5

Youngling
Hey dude didnot u find the game very difficult?Only 4 weapons r not enough.U need a serious hardware 2 run this game smoothly.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
There's seems to be a problem with the patch files .... make a shorcut to launch them ... then add /a to the end of the shorcut path .. this will let u select the installation directory ...

aceman

Broken In
Guys i got the same problem while running FARCRY with my 5600 in a ASUS A7n266vm motherboard with AGP 4X (Also DOOm3 crahed every now and then), when i changed it with Gigabyte AGP 8X mobo the issue vanished. I never never tried it in my 6800gt so i cannot comment on wheather the shader model is the issue, but seems funny that you got the same problem which i got about an year back (Mine was worse, i could seee only a blue background).

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
"Mine was worse, i could seee only a blue background."

.. i bet ur using the 61.77 drivers ... were u ??? they had some problems with Far Cry ... for an FX card at time .. the recommended drivers were 56.72 whql ... but if u used the 61.77 then u should have changed the render mode to opengl ....

aceman

Broken In
deathvirus_me said:
"Mine was worse, i could seee only a blue background."

.. i bet ur using the 61.77 drivers ... were u ??? ...

yep I was using the 61.77 drivers, but how come that the issue vanished with a AGP 8x mobo? , i thought that the problem was with the motherboard :?: .

currently using a 6800GT , what would be the best drivers for it?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
yep I was using the 61.77 drivers, but how come that the issue vanished with a AGP 8x mobo? , i thought that the problem was with the motherboard

u must have installed some different drivers ... maybe the one that came with the card like the 60.85 whql ...

currently using a 6800GT , what would be the best drivers for it?

I'd recommed the 77.74 whql drivers ... get them from here :
*downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1144

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom