Problem with DVD ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hi Friends...

I own a PIII 1 Ghz 64 mb SD RAM PC... I have a DVD ROM installed on it.. Actaully the problem with it is that whenever I try Digit DVD's or other softwares DVD's its works fine... But when i try any Movie DVD the ROM doesnt read it...
Actually i was using a Pirated DVD so I thought may be problem with DVD so i bought original DVD and the problem still the same.. it doesnt read movie DVD's....
Can u guys pls..suggest what might be the problem and how can i overcome that.. any kinda advice is welcomed....
The DVD ROM was preinstalled with Compaq PC....Hoping for any nice solution...

Cheers..
Dipen

bharathbala2003

why need title?
wel wel.. for movies u need a dvd player.. mayb try downloadin this.. cos i had the same prob n i cldn run DVD movies.. original or pirated..

*www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/download.jsp?lang=ENU

bharathbala2003

why need title?
wel wel.. try downloadin a player to watch the DVD movies.. either do it from

*www.downloads.com

or try this

*www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/download.jsp?lang=ENU

even i had the same prob.. after downloadin a player i can watch all MOVIES NOW.. (ALSO PIRATED DVD's) :wink:

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Buddy...

The problem is not abt playing the movies... its abt reading the DVD... Its not only running the DVD... how the hell will i play it..when i insert movie DVD is spins for a while and stops spinning ....

I guess i have clarified my problem.. anyways.. thankx... for ur advice..
Can u help me with this..

Cheers..
Dipen

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Actually Yaar.. my warranty period is over.. as i bought my Pc nearly 4 yrs ago....

Anyways... any other adivices... are welcomed....

Cheers//
Dipen

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok looks like ur drive has a region locking probs with the DVD's.....just clarify from ur Compaq centre about it and the disc's that can be used on this drive.....Most of the drives which are bound by this locking system reject DVD discs which arent encoded to a specific region code fixed for encoding by the Drive.....Also Try DVD region free software for accessing the Disc *www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

If this too dosent help then.....the drive must have some probs....as u said that the Drive accepts other data DVD's it must be the DVD region locking problem :(

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Thankx yaar...
I will try this DVD Region Free .. but am not sure if it will work . Because i bought damn original DVD of Hindi Movie 499/- Made in India.. Why wont it work yaar.. Atleast it should support this region.
One more Problem . After getting DVD Region Free how should i Unlock it i mean.. what exactly do i need to do with that software. Pls. explain
Will any movie DVD run :cry: :cry: coz yaar DVD doesnt even spin in drive. I am worried.
Hoping for good advice...

Regards..
Dipen

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Hi...

Am sorry Yaar my post was incomplete...

Theres one thing i was unable to get is how can a software (DVD region free) affect the DVD ROM i mean its working...
Anyways as u have let me try it first..
Ill let you guys know as soon as i try it...

Thankx..

Regards..
Dipen

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well to tell ya frankly mate havent tried the region free myself as never felt the need of it :wink: cause most drives available today are region free itself :)

btw also this software tries to bypass the detection of the DVD roms region coding procedure making it accessible to detect most DVD's espacially movies with the update of the firmware of course and plus ur drive must also support this bypassing feature here's a link u can try out for start *www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region_dvdrom.html
Also this link will give ya tons of DVD related softwares ww.dvd.box.sk

just check if it works or contact ur HP dealer at the earliest cause they are bound to provide u a replacement if under warranty period and just get this problem verified as well :?

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
hey buddy...

The above link is awesome man... thankx for ur valuable time.. though i havent tried anything on my DVD ROM yet coz the guides out there are little confusing but i will try it soon.. coz as my ROM is not in warranty so this is my only Option and Hope...
Anyways.. thankx... Buddies out there.. if anyone wanna give some othere advice or suggestions pls ur welcomed...

Cheers..
Dipen

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey...

Yaar the problem still persists... Actually I got softwares DVD idle and DVD Region Free and then i tried my Movie DVD....

1) After inserting DVD it spinned for a while and then after making scratch noise it stopped spinning...

2) The same problem, it wasnt reading only.. if its not reading the DVD is it the matter of Region Code and all or there something other...

3) Actually after it i tried Digit DVD just to confirm that Drive is working properly and was working great.. Dunno yar whats happenend....

Do you guys have any idea of what must be happening to it... is it matter of +R -R or any different.. coz i guess Movie DVDs work in both formats...

Pls yaar if u got little time investigate this problem and let me know.. The difficulty is that my warranty period is over long time back and the dealer is also not respondin properly. So am confused....

Anyways thankx.. Hope theres way out of this...

Cheers...
Dipen

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
first off let me ask ya that did this problem persist from the start....i mean after u had bought the pc....or was it just a latest probs....also try updating ur drives Firmware from its website.....the original movie discs should work on all drives and cant be the probs of the + or - issue here :?

Also try cleaning the drive with a lens cleaner (dun know if it might help :()
last resort try moving the DVD rom to a friends Pc and then working on it.....if the problem persists there too...then the Drive has lost its glory in DVD movie discs i suppose :cry:

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Actually ...

what happened was... when i bought new PC (Mar-2000).. I was not well familiar to DVD's so.. i didnt used it... i used it only as CD-ROM..
Then i got some Pirated Movie DVD's (8-10)..only 2 of them worked... though they were from same source... I thought may be theres some prob with DVD ROM... so i got original DVD ... same ... wasn't reading...
Then i bought Software DVD (PC Format..PC Answers and all) They were working great...
thats where my curiosity started.. after some months Digit started distributing DVD's... they're also working...

and finally am here....

Only I can do only one thing.... ill get Proper Firmware from its site and flash my DVD ROM.. as said in one of guide... Though its risky as mentioned there... but cant help.. am DESPERATE.... an theres no option left....

Do u guys have any suggestions... Let me know...Thankx for now..

Cheers...
Dipen

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
:eek: :D :D :lol: :) :p Hey Guys.... :) :) :lol: :lol:

Atlast... the problem of DVD is solved.. am damn excited....
The problem was of region only... i couldnt get it before because... the region free softwares werent helping... Its only then i tried.. flashing my DVD ROM with manuafacturer's Firmware...
from this site...
www.firmware.fr.st

u can also try it from manuafactures website.....

and now ROM's working great....watched 3 movies in a day.. :wink: thankx buddies for ur kind co-operation...

Cheers...
Dipen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom