Problem with Disk Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hari_04415

Broken In
I have recently re-installed XP and on it i have installed SP2.....
Before it my system had both Ubunto and XP..with XP in C: drive....
then i have formatted C drive and re installd XP in tht C drive.......

I have a strange problem in hard disk space which my Disk management shows.......actually i have a 80GB HD but it show tht i have 122GB...strange??isnt it??

I have attached screenshots of wht it shows

I initially had 4 partions of 18.62GB each...tht comes upto 80GB(this is case before i installed ubunto)

Then for installing Ubunto...i have divided D drive into 10GB and 8GB and in tht 8GB partition i have installed Ubunto........thts whr the problem have started i guess because Ubunto uses a seperate file sys other than FAT or NTFS

Guys plz help me wht shud i do?????

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Hari it seems that your system is infected by viruses.this causes system represent more space or less space than capacity of Hdd.
Previously my system was in this type of problem.I have 160 gb hd and install very few software, no hidden file etc but system shows only 13 gb in my 39 gb f: drive partition which have only windows vista installed.
I take win xp boot disk and format all drive and do a fresh install. My system now shows full space and run without any problem.
You also can try antivirus and spyware scan perhaps your problem will solve through it.

Pat

Beyond Smart
I reckon something wrong with the partition table and it happened probably during setting up partitions for Ubuntu! Do you plan to use Ubuntu ?

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Hari it seems that your system is infected by viruses.this causes system represent more space or less space than capacity of Hdd.
Previously my system was in this type of problem.I have 160 gb hd and install very few software, no hidden file etc but system shows only 13 gb in my 39 gb f: drive partition which have only windows vista installed.
I take win xp boot disk and format all drive and do a fresh install. My system now shows full space and run without any problem.
You also can try antivirus and spyware scan perhaps your problem will solve through it.

^^So strange...you are considering this problem as a virus attack in fact it's not.:)

@Hari
hehehe...you must have problem with HDD. Let me know how old is your HDD?? & please upload ur image in photobucket or imagehack & paste html url here. image attached is unviewable for me.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
I Am Not Telling A Lie.
Ye Bat Alag Ho Sakti Hai Ki Wo Virus Attak Na Ho.

may be, you are true but I hvn't faced dis kind of virus yet.:D, but I think you too are not sure for the same problem, isn't it?

or are you sure 4 da same?

Ok, let me know the virus name*www.smileygenerator.us/t/temp/2GUNS/mad.gif ?

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
read it what i was say:
i guess only. And my focus was solving my problem. and i solve itself without anyones help.
and i was thinking it was virus, as i tell previously.
i am not care about its name. Because i was focusing only my problem solving.
and ab chahe sach samgho ya jhoot mai aur safai dene ke mood me nahi hoon.
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hari, can you boot into Ubuntu and tell us what your linux disk management shows about the hard disk? does it show 122 or 80?

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
read it what i was say:
i guess only. And my focus was solving my problem. and i solve itself without anyones help.
and i was thinking it was virus, as i tell previously.
i am not care about its name. Because i was focusing only my problem solving.
and ab chahe sach samgho ya jhoot mai aur safai dene ke mood me nahi hoon.

^^^hehehe safai kaun mang raha hai????:D
seems=posibility, & if you are guessing there no reason if you undestand or not.;)

sorry, amir for joking with you.:p

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
I am seeing you think that you are so clever.
i read your other threads.
your focus not on problem solving. instead only question upon question and he he he.....karna.
i challange you to solve this problem otherwise be a serious thinking.

OP
H

Hari_04415

Broken In
guys... its a prob related to partion table only.....not a virus....the day after i posted da prob my OS wasnt booting.....and i had taken it to SEAGATE service centre they told tht its a prob related to part'n table...

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
I am seeing you think that you are so clever.
i read your other threads.
your focus not on problem solving. instead only question upon question and he he he.....karna.
i challange you to solve this problem otherwise be a serious thinking.

@amir,
there is no reason to panic. i don't say i m expert, infact nobody is 100% intelligent. matter is to solve the problems but not to guide users to the hell way. as you have previously said that this is a virus problem, afaik there is no such a virus which could react to expand the size of disk over than original capacity. if you have this kind of virus send it to me, i wanna see its behaviour.

on the other hand, you said you have read all of my post & you said I only ask question only. i once again wanna say you to review all of my posts again. I haven't redirect users to the unknown way of solution, i only post wht i know well not partially.

& "hehehe" is my nature as other uses have, always smiling no more than that. to say the fact there is no such reason as your are blaming me.

you may see wht hari is saying now, he is saying he has problem with partion table, solve his problem if you think or imagine its a virus. provide him solution now.:x

@ hari
see this thread
and better option to backup your important data before your data damages.

Last edited:

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Lagta hai tumhe hindi me samjhana padega.
lagta hai ki tumhe chashme ki jaroorat hai. aur agar tum already chashma pahente ho to tumhe microscope ki jaroorat hai.
motiabind to nahi ho gaya hai?
tab to tumhe teen ke chasme ki jaroorat hai.
ok, let me listen:
I am amazing on you. read my post in this thread after Pat and your post. i was say "ye baat alag ho sakti hai ki wo virus na ho".
i have accept in starting that i may be wrong.
i again and again say that i was just suppose it as virus. i never say 100% that it was a virus.
i know better than you that no one is perfect.
it may possible that it was not a virus which i have accept again and again.
but amazingly you again and again convince me to proof it as virus.
but my problem was true and i solved it as i mentioned.
i want to say sorry to Hary that my guess here is wrong(in the case of virus). but not to you dhanusaud.
i think always me a learner and i learn here that it is a partition table problem.
mughe jaldi gussa nahi aata but this man is trying to proof my problem is fake.
main fake problem kyon likhoonga?
if you guys read my thread i you will find me basically in the software section.
Now for Mr. dhanusaud chnge your slogan to:
More understanding less problem.
and Less understanding more problem.
and dont try to give my challange me again.
firstly i challange you and accept it?
If you will solve it then I leavd this forum and you will never see me again here.
in the last i suggest you to learn from Dheeraj kumar. he is a man dedicted to the forum.
he try to solve every members problem like its own problem.
not like you understand.
and Dheeraj accept my congratulations for your approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom