Problem with computer system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbafna

Right off the assembly line
I have a AMD Atlon 2400 + based computer system with following configuration AMD Athlon 2400 +/ 256 MB RAM/ 40 GB HDD/ DVD ROM Drive/ Gigabyte Motherboard/ 17" Col. Monitor/ Speakers. The computer is being used at Home. I am facing following problems

1. While working at Home if my dorebell rings then the computer restarts? Is there a problem with the computer of the elctric switch?

2. While putting on the computer system I have to start the computer at least 2 to 3 times. The OS is Windows XP Pro. The computer stops responding at Starting WINDOWS XP Screen. After about 2 to 3 attempts it starts and works very well. What could be the issue?

3. My on board sound card always gets disabled? Why?

Pl. help me with the solution to above problem?

Hiren Bafna

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
1) Check the connections, there maybe a problem with the earthing in your home.

2) Check all drivers are properly installed for all hardware. Check the device manager by right clicking on 'My Computer' icon on the desktop, there should not be any yellow question marks in front of any entry. Then install all drivers for erroneous entries.

3) Maybe the entry is disabled in the bios advanced settings. Please check and enable it and then reinstall the drivers for the sound subsystem.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
there seems to be a wiring problem at ur place

get it checked by an electrician

and check ur SMPS
if there is no problem
reinstall all the drivers

for a start try connecting the comp at a different power point and check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom