Problem with chat softwares when playing files on mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I've encountered this weird problem. When I play any music/video files(Windows Media Player, Winamp) on the mic it says that it is already being used & it doesnt work.

Please explain me the procedure 4 playing these files on the mic in yahoo messenger, paltalk, softwares, etc.

I have Windows 98 installed, the mic is working fine, i tested it out.

:?:

tuXian

In the zone
may be he wants to play the music then using the mic( on the mic may mean ON of ON/OFF) he wants the party on the other side to listen to it?

Am I right achacko...?

swatkat

Technomancer
achacko@dataone.in said:
I've encountered this weird problem. When I play any music/video files(Windows Media Player, Winamp) on the mic it says that it is already being used & it doesnt work.

Please explain me the procedure 4 playing these files on the mic in yahoo messenger, paltalk, softwares, etc.

I have Windows 98 installed, the mic is working fine, i tested it out.

:?:

it's becuase ur Sound Card/chip is already being used by WMP/WinAmp, so it can not be used by other devices like Mic, that's why the error coming...
i am assuming that u r playing songs in WMP/ WinAmp and then try to keep the Mic infront of the Speaker!!!???? (pretty good asumption, isnt it? :wink: )

ok...update ur Sound Card/Chip driver and u will be able to run to sound device using apps/devices simultaneously....

hack expert

In the zone
hey u better check out the settings of ur sound card coz i have bth xp n 98 installed whenever we (i and my friends are onlin on msn or other mssnger ) well i can play songs n my friends can hear it clearly dont know wats ur prob

also try reinstalling the drivers

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
tuxian said:
may be he wants to play the music then using the mic( on the mic may mean ON of ON/OFF) he wants the party on the other side to listen to it?

Am I right achacko...?

Yes thats right. I'm trying it but never seems 2 work. It includes video files 2 . But I can chat with the other person on the mic, its quality is excellent.

But playing doesnt seem 2 ......

Also swat , ur right I wanna play it from the speakers 2 the mic.

Please suggest me what shud be the procedure for the update on the card , should i download form a site? My OS is Win98 SE

Tks

:( :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom