problem with blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

champ_rock

champ_rock
this is a strange problem.....
the blog works really cooooool in firefox and opera ......

but when i open it up in INternet explorer then the right hand column column is displayed first and then the main and the right hand column...

can anyone please tell the remedy for this and why is it occuring.......(i dont know much of html or javascipt. ) please tell me the exact code to be edited.........

*www.jakshay.blogspot.com/

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
its due to unclosed or improperly nested tags... edit them out in the template.... try the W3C Validator for HTML to assist u :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Since its at blogspot, you can't edit the template files. Change the template and see. This happens because IE doesn't adhere to W3C standrads :x It has its own set of rules. It plays test cricket with gully cricket rules :lol:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
hey, i thot templates are editable in blogspot, else what have I been doin all these months? :?

ya IE sux, doesnt process pngs either :roll:

OP
champ_rock

champ_rock

champ_rock
tried the w3c validator....... but could no make head or tail of its log.........
please help
-------------
if anyone knows then please see this and help
*validator.w3.org/check?uri=*www.ja...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&noatt=1

it seems to be pointing to each and every right angle bracket that i have used??????????????

tuxfan

Technomancer
QwertyManiac said:
hey, i thot templates are editable in blogspot, else what have I been doin all these months? :?

ya IE sux, doesnt process pngs either :roll:

I have no experience of blogspot. I directly started my own site for my blog ;) So I may be wrong. :( :oops:

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Blogspot templates are editable. And the best thing to do is to check for html and css validation.

*validator.w3.org/

*jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

And correct the errors and shown there. But mind you, even this wont ensure your site working perfectly with IE, as IE hasn't implemented w3c standards completely.

OP
champ_rock

champ_rock

champ_rock
ok ... i found the problem........ but not the solution :(

the link2blog picture is a bit bigger than the column...in firefox it comes out of the column........ whereas in ie it increases the column width... (which pulld all other columns down)........

any solutions????????????????????????????????????????????

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
two solutions

1. reduce the size of image
2. increase column width

One suggestion

(PLEASE) change the color combination

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I dont think so thats the cause. coz i ave had prolems like this several times and all were tagged ones... my images too increased off the table sometimes but didnt create all these troubles, jus got masked even in IE

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
If you have a little knowledge in html/css it's very easy. Any do the following

1. Goto your dashboard, select your blog and click on template.

2. look for a section like this
/* Content
----------------------------------------------- */
#content {
width:660px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:0;
text-align:left;
}
#main {
width:410px;
float:left;
}
#sidebar {
width:220px;
float:right;
}

3. try incresing the width ffor #sidebar slightly, say by 20px

4. preview your changes, save it once satisfied.

NB: It's better you first copy all the code as a backup if anything goes wrong.

OP
champ_rock

champ_rock

champ_rock
thanks man....... u rock....

i increased the left hand column width and reduced the right hand column width...... and it is working fine.....

@desertwind- sorry but i think that the color scheme matches with its content..... u can't have a dull or depressing color scheme for a lively relaxing topic :)

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
i thought it was you who rock! ;)

Your color scheme looks too unprofessional. It reminds me some of the old geocities pages. You can use bright colors, but that too in a professional manner.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
You can see *blogger-templates.blogspot.com for some good templates or make your own like I did. :D

OP
champ_rock

champ_rock

champ_rock
the problem is that 3 column templates are really hard to find........

all the good ones are 2 column....

can anyone tell me the details on how to add a new column.???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom