problem with audio video

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit2468

Right off the assembly line
hey,
i got this unique problem.wHENVER I PLAY ANY VIDEO OR AUDIO FILES ,IT STUCKS FOR A MOMENT AND THEN AGAIN RESUMES.tHIS PROBLEM HAPPEN WITH ALMOST ALL THE PLAYER WHICH I HAVE TRIED.WHERE AS THIS PROBLEM DOESNT HAPPEN WHEN I WATCH tv.i TRIED INSATLLING THE AUDIO DRIVERS BUT IT DIDNT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

khandu

In the zone
if its a divx or xvid file.. i recommend reinstalling the codecs.. get the codecs pack available on net like KLM etc.. and reinstall all codecs..

expertno.1

Technomancer
khandu said:
if its a divx or xvid file.. i recommend reinstalling the codecs.. get the codecs pack available on net like KLM etc.. and reinstall all codecs..

hey hey thast not the reason

he has already doen installing and reinstalling...lolz

OP
R

rohit2468

expertno.1 said:
khandu said:

hey hey thast not the reason

he has already doen installing and reinstalling...lolz

look the video stucks no matter what kinda file it is(dat,avi ete).regardg codecs i have already downloaded those but in vain.
The video pause for couple of seconds,the sound goes of and then again resumes.point to be noted that nothing of this sort happens whan i watch TV using a TV tuner card.

Did you try to install the latest drivers released by your hardware manufacturer. If not try doing them too. Installing latest drivers can solve many such problems.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I would suspect the I/o part of ur computer. Check for any suspicious looking process with lots of I/O and mem usage.

I once had a similar problem that won't go away even after reinstalling. My entire comp would get stuck every 3 seconds for almost 1 minute at a time. Wery annoying when u are burning a disk or rendering. I found out that the disk throughput had gone down to < 10MBps. Couldn't track down the problem. But I installed XP from anozer cd and everything's fine.

OP
R

rohit2468

siriusb said:
I would suspect the I/o part of ur computer. Check for any suspicious looking process with lots of I/O and mem usage.

I once had a similar problem that won't go away even after reinstalling. My entire comp would get stuck every 3 seconds for almost 1 minute at a time. Wery annoying when u are burning a disk or rendering. I found out that the disk throughput had gone down to < 10MBps. Couldn't track down the problem. But I installed XP from anozer cd and everything's fine.

i have already tried what u people have mentioned.I guess ther is some problem with some hardware.What cud that be??can failure in RAm lead to such problems>Completely confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom