Problem with asf and wmv files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
When I use Vplayer, BSplayer for watching asf and wmv files it plays very very slowly...

Whats the reason for that?:)

parthbarot

In the zone
bcs VLC uses DirectX..so more memory it eats...

u can run it in Winamp....
ya..
u have to set up option in...
file types::---> for unknown file type assume it as ..write "MPG" in textbox where "mp3" is written...
and all video files can run..
but above or winamp 2.91 ...

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
parthbarot said:

u can run it in Winamp....
ya..
u have to set up option in...
file types::---> for unknown file type assume it as ..write "MPG" in textbox where "mp3" is written...
and all video files can run..
but above or winamp 2.91 ...

Same prob .. No soln. The files are very slow... And what more I have lots of those files.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
It shows buffering 3% then shows little bit of the movie then again 12% and so on.

What should I do to make it run smoothly without any clog

parthbarot said:

Sorry, doesn't make sense. Windows Media Player (or for that matter, any other software player) will use some form DirectX based DirectShow Video Mixing Renderers (VMR 9 etc). Unless you're video card posseses hardware overlay rendering and has been explicitly selected to do the job.

achacko@dataone.in said:
WMP wont support my system.

Why not? I assume you're running Windows.

Download GraphEdit from here - *files.digital-digest.com/downloads/files/encode/graphedit011008.zip

Use the Render media option (CTRL+R) for your troublemaker file and post a screenshot of filter connections here.

Keith

Tech&ME

Banned
achacko@dataone.in said:
It shows buffering 3% then shows little bit of the movie then again 12% and so on.

What should I do to make it run smoothly without any clog

What ? you tring to view a strimming video or what ? the buffering thing usuall happens when you try to view a live show or news broadcast from BBC or NDTV.

If this is the case, forget about strimming video at this time. We are still behind in this technology in India. We need REAL broadband for this.

Tech&ME

Banned
achacko@dataone.in said:
Keith Sebastian said:
achacko@dataone.in said:
WMP wont support my system.

Why not? I assume you're running Windows.

Cos my OS is Win98 SE and my config is P II, 64 mb RAM.

You can use WMP 9 or 8 with Win98 SE.

For performance boost, upgrade your RAM with atleast 128 MB RAM.

And why don't you use Win XP. This will solve a lot of your problems straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom