Problem wih my Net connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKant

In the zone
Well it works OK half the times. But sometimes the 'MR' led on the modem (D-Link DFM-560ES) goes off and the connection goes down. It comes back up automatically after some time. It gets rectified sometimes when I disconnect and reconnect. But it's really frustrating when I'm downloading large files. :x

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
It cud be due to bad line conditions and also due to an ISP idle time policy. You can use software like Internet turbo or Anti Idle to prevent discconection.

akshayc

Broken In
PUT - ath=150 - as advanced setting for the modem, this should work, you can try out higher values but above if you need more than 250, then better get your phone line fixed or figure out what electrical device is interfering with your phone line, cud be a cordless phone ar an answering machine or even a caller id device.

OP
D

DKant

In the zone
Definitely not cordless/answering m/c/caller id. Simple reason - I don;t have any of them. And it is not due to the ISP's idle time policy either. Hell most of the times this happens when I'm going at full speed, viz downloading/uploading something. Gotto be the lines - I had myself swicthed the Net connection from 1 phone to another, and I must admit I hadn't done a great job with the electrical connections.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Basically i think one of your Transitor is spooked up ....resulting in overheat and then when finally after sometime its cools its good enough to work again unitl it heats again ...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Cheapest i suggest is ..change the modem for good.....Else you can always open it right after u have used it heavily for net and check the hottest of smell it and chek for burning smell ....and have the capacitor replaced with the same rating.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom