1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

problem while uninstalling software

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by harshagarwal, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harshagarwal

harshagarwal New Member

when i try to uninstall a few software from my pc they give a error "Could not find INSTALL.LOG"

even though the install.log file is present in their folder also some software are uninstalled without any problem.

please help me and thanx in advance

2. gauravhell

gauravhell New Member

hi i got your problem
    may be it is due to fact that the software you are trying to uninstall was not installed ! it was a copy ot of all files or it was installd on other os ( that means you have the file uninstall.log etc but is not registered in registry ) dont scar just delete it
    :roll:

3. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

Using software such as Xteq X-Setup Pro, it is possible to look up the uninstallation command associated with each installed software... Go to the software and look at the command, give complete link to the log file in the command... If no specification is made, look at other programs to see how to insert the link to the log file... Be warned that this is risky and should be done carefully...

Arun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.