problem while removing and installing winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry_nitish

Broken In
hi guys back in to need ur help again. earlier i had a win 98 os (leggal) installe by my computer seller on c:\, but i thought to have xp so i bought win xp sp2 not a legal version to say but a right copy, i instaled it on e:\ partition on drive.now after installing it it worked just like original xp. but one day i tried to upgrade it from microsofts website. and when i restarted my system to complete the upgradation. i was asked to enter my password during log on as usual but as soon i entered it the system restarted . i tried again and again to run xp but of no avail, and i also tried to remove the viruses on my e:\ and again rebooted to logon to xp but the same problem came out, so not knoeing what to do, i copied all my personal files saved on my document and then stupidly i formatted my e:\, as a result all sp system files were deleted,and when i rebooted the syste\m again to see that the prompt for eiyher using winxp to logon or win 98 has gone or not , to my suprise tit didnt changed it was like that all. now can anyone please tell me how to remiove this prompt at system reboot.
i have intel p4 2.0 ghz processor with 128 ram and 40 gb hard disk space. quickly send me the procedure to cure my computer of this disease

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
what did u said
viruse on e:\ instalation drive...

but one day i tried to upgrade it from microsofts website. and when i restarted my system to complete the upgradation. i was asked to enter my password during log on as usual but as soon i entered it the system restarted

MS doesnt allow to use pirated XP SP2.... though if u r able to install it so beware that not to validet ur windows.... have u done that?? if u have then sorry u r tostd....

boot from win98se CD rom & the format the winXP installation drive.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
& to remove dual boot asking from BOOT... Start> RUN> then type c:\boot.ini remove the XP entry

that should look like this...

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom