Problem viewing asf files. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I have lots of asf files, but i cant view any of them. I tried klite codecs, Wndows media player, Real Player, but it doesnt open......

What should I do ?
:? :? :?

Journeyman
Sorry - I did see you have mentioned WMP a bit later. Mistake due to careless reading of your post.
*www.tomdownload.com/multimedia_design/video/asf_converter.htm
Try converting em to another format. It helped me once.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Install the latest version of Winamp (full version). During install, make sure that the option for 'video file support' is checked. This will install the asf codec and you can now use Winamp to play your files.
:!: Make sure you don't install the Emusic offer for free Mp3's. This is spyware.

htnakirs

Journeyman
Codec corruption could be the cause. You did not specify any error messages you get when playing. Uninstall all media players, then reinstall WMP.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
drvarunmehta said:
Install the latest version of Winamp (full version). During install, make sure that the option for 'video file support' is checked. This will install the asf codec and you can now use Winamp to play your files.
:!: Make sure you don't install the Emusic offer for free Mp3's. This is spyware.

I've done that too , but it only plays some music in the file but not the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom