Problem........... SuSE on Microsoft Virtual PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I have 128 Mb RAM and run XP Pro. I installed Microsoft Virtual PC and tried to install Suse 9.1 Personel on the Virtual PC with 45 Mb of RAM. It said that it had no enough memory to run Yast and so wanted me to select a swap partition. I couldn't do so because I haven't already created a swap partition. What do I do??
And BTW, what is the minimum RAM requirement for SuSE 9.1 Personel??

Here are the screenshots:

*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/suse0.png
-----------------------------------------
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/suse1.png
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/suse2.png
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/suse3.png
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/suse4.png
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/suse5.png

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You cant run Suse Pro with your current configurations .. as minimum requirement of WinXP itself is 128 MB, you got no memory for Suse ...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Oh, so u were running this under an emulator ...
I was wondering howcome you got such clean screenshots without any trace of camera's flash :)

OP
K

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
GNUrag said:
Oh, so u were running this under an emulator ...
I was wondering howcome you got such clean screenshots without any trace of camera's flash :)
Yeah man. Cool isn't it?? That's a reason I liked the Virtual PC thing.........

ujjwal

Padawan
You can use any partitioning utility which supports linux partitions to create a linux swap space, of about 128-256 MB, and then use it for the SUSE installation.

But why are emulating the installation disk? You can either burn it to a CD and use it, or use a tool like loadlin to boot into the installation CD from DOS.

OP
K

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
ujjwal said:
You can use any partitioning utility which supports linux partitions to create a linux swap space, of about 128-256 MB, and then use it for the SUSE installation.

But why are emulating the installation disk? You can either burn it to a CD and use it, or use a tool like loadlin to boot into the installation CD from DOS.
Oh I don't want to install this crap on my pc. I was just tryin to see if it supports the virtual Monitor..................
And just tryin if MS-Virtual Machine supports Linux.................... They say it doesn't..........
And BTW, i did the installation from CD not ISO...............

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Installation from ISO will be faster for you as you can tell the Virtual PC to use the Image for booting .. As hard disk's speed is more than the CD, you will get some performance enhancement ...
Do try Linux .. Start with Knoppix , I am sure you will start liking it after some time ...
And btw .. MS Virtual Machine do support Linux .. who said it didnt ..?

OP
K

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
@it_wasnt_me

Carla Hoffman said:
We don't support Linux, and we also don't support third-party applications. We direct customers to their Linux providers if they have an issue running Linux on Virtual PC, and if that Linux provider triages that issue as a Virtual PC bug and submits a bug report, we'll work with them to fix the problem. We're treating them like we treat third-party applications,

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
I Can't see any of ur images ;-(

Yeah I also tried mandrake 9.1 in November last year with it...

Installer works fine but Desktop didn't load....

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Bah .. Virtual PC was developed by Connectix and not Microsoft .. They have only acquired the company .. The program hasnt changed a bit ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom