problem regarding configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatnash

Right off the assembly line
I have pentium 4 with 1.9mhz processor speed ,i want to upgrade my harddisk and motherboard,plz give me suggestion .previously i had seagate 40 gb harddisk with asus motherboard and 256 mb ram.so now which version of seagate harddisk and asus motherboard i have to upgrade.

Expecting a favourable reply.

Kniwor

Learner
hi,

i dont understand why do u want to upgrade ur motherboard.....

just get a larger HDD and another 256Mb ram stick.....
get a 200Gb barracuda, see if ur mobo supports sata else get PATA....

why do u want to upgrade ut mobo??????????

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Go for intel or asus with SATA support . this can help u maintain ur comp updated for another 3 years .
How abt intel 975 , with a supportive 260 / .5 tb hdd and a suitable RAM

OP
A

anatnash

Right off the assembly line
Actuaaly,there is problem in my sytem and i also check it by a hardware showroom,they cannot able trace my problem and after on month of my problem ,i want to change my harddisk and mother board because there is bad sector in my harddisk.

let me tell u the config which i had before,

asus p4bgl-mx mother board with intel 845g/gl chipset
harddisk-st340015a,ultra ata ,seagate baraguda 5400rpm
cpu-1.9ghz ,400 fsb,256 kb cache,478 p
Ram-two ddr266 128 mb ram.

and i want to upgrade my harddisk and motherboard.

Kniwor

Learner
Point No. 1.....
getting a SATA supporting mobo in no way will make ur comp up-to-date for 3 years.... u need to have a modern socket type....

and why on earth do u want to upgrade ur motherboard if the Hard disk has doveloped bad sectors......... WHY ON EARTH

sknowonweb

Journeyman
getting a SATA supporting mobo in no way will make ur comp up-to-date for 3 years.... u need to have a modern socket type...

Hey ..
thats just how a commoner like me refer them ..
@anatnash
Ya its gud idea to change MOBO if the dealer cant resolve problems. Sometimes mobos can be faulty enough to corrupt a HD.

I am hearing of badsectors after so many years after the win 98 era .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom