Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Please search before u post!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15502

tuxfan

Technomancer
And get hold of Kalpik in case of problems. He is a PHP Pro :D

But really, just go to the tutorial section and look for the Apache/PHP tutorial be Deep. You will also find some valuable inputs from Kalpik in that thread. That one is just perfect, I could configure it on 2 machines at first shot using those tips.

I repeat what Kalpik said. Why don't you search before posting. Search gives you an instant answer!!

kalpik

Oh no! Im no Pro! Hehe, but thanks for the flattering words! I also just started wid PHP a few months back, it was basically for my college's website. Im the webmaster, hehe. So i just know BASIC PHP, nothing quite advanced! And yes im always there to help if i can provide help!

kalpik

Oh and btw, if anyone interested in some *starter*, i mean *absolutely beginner* PHP pages, mail to me at kalpik (at) gmail.com. I know these pages would not be of any help to ppl who have already started wid PHP, but it would sure help first timers! ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Ok. Point noted. But I still feel, you are being modest :)

Anyway, looking forward to corresponding with you in the future ;) I have just got hold of a PHP script (just 3-4 lines) that can show a random quote everytime a page gets loaded. All the quotes must be kept in .txt file. :D

See it in action on *www.deitydarshan.com . I am the site admin there. :mrgreen: Just a gratuitious service that also helps me in some spiritual progress, hopefully ;) and motivate to learn more and more PHP :D

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have already coded the site the old HTML way, making one page per :oops: :roll: because there was a dead line and this was the fastest way. But now I have made some PHP pages and will delete all those stupid HTML pages. Just testing them before I kick static pages out. :)

Which one's your site?

tuxfan

Technomancer
As long as you are the admin, its your site ;)

BTW, whats the member log in for? And I could see any register link. So is it a closed group membership? Using some database?

kalpik

The Member login is for Alumni's so yes its a closed group! Hehe. Im using MySQL as the database. Also there is a forum (second link on top) but that too is for coll students, so dont bother to register! Hehe.

tuxfan

Technomancer
:lol: I am already a member of 5 forums, admin at one. But visit only 3 forums, one where I am the admin and the other this one. The third one very irregularly. So I won't bother myself with one more.

BTW, I want to learn MySQL. Any tips? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom