Problem loading Xserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

catchjaga

Broken In
Hi guys,
I ve got ubuntu alternate cd and installed ubuntu successfully.The problem is i am unable to get into X Gui.i tried to edit Xserver-xorg and set the graphics driver to nv as i am having onboard geforce 6100.even then i got an error while booting into x by giving startx.it gives an error saying Invalid fontpath.

please help me.

Thanks,
Jaga

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Follow this *ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Edgy#How_to_install_Beta_Graphics_Driver_.28NVIDIA.29 or *ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Edgy#How_to_install_Graphics_Driver_.28NVIDIA.29 to install nvidia drivers and see what happens.

OP
C

catchjaga

Broken In
Hi tech,

the problem is i dont have net connection in my home.however i tried to install the one coming with the cd.I copied the .deb file to my windows partition and i accessed the partion using mount .i was able to see those files however.when i gave sudo apt-get install <file name>
it says unable to find such file.So i tried to copy from that partition even that didnt work.
also i have a doubt whether I should set the graphics driver to nv or vesa.

thanks,
Jaga

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
dunno bout your problem but installing deb file from windows partition won't work, copy the file to your root partition.

partitions should be automatically mounted check /media

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom