Problem installing SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahamednms

Right off the assembly line
Sir,
Im using p4 2.4 GHZ 256 RAM and mercury P4M266a motherboard,i tried to install
service pack 2 in my win xp home edition,everything installs smoothly but after complete installation and reboot i experienced boot failure and it failed to boot in
safe mode also, i have formatted my hard disk and the problem still persists,but it is smooth with SP1. How to solve this?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
If you have a licensed version of Windows XP, I'll recommend you to create an SP2 integrated install cd and try installing with it.
[*] XP SP2 Slipstreaming

pensiveprodigy

Right off the assembly line
Hi
Probably ur copy is corrupted.I have a similar PC as yours and with the same WinXP Home with SP2 but I'm not experiencing any such problem.

pop143

Journeyman
hi friends..

i do have WIn xp home edition. its not even installed with sp1.

i want to install win xp sp2..can i directly update with sp2..or shud i do sp1 first ..really i donno. can anybodytell me..??

moreover was it provided in our digit cd/dvd ..??? can u say wot month it was/.??

how much mb wud it be..approx ...????

heard win xp sp3 also released...????

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^^
Yes u can directly install sp2. Sp1 is not needed to install sp2.
Further, it was present in the June 2005 DVD. The freeware /anniversary issue.
It is a 266MB download.
SP3 is not an official release. It is just a collection of all post sp2 updates.

pop143

Journeyman
thank u guys. oops i dont have both the dvds. so waiting for another release in the short comings...BTW..so we need sp2 b4 we insatll sp3..am i right..?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
No .. Windows Service packs are cumulative updates .. That means if you install Sp2, you dont need to install Sp1 .. There is no stipulated date for SP3 yet ..

pop143

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
No .. Windows Service packs are cumulative updates .. That means if you install Sp2, you dont need to install Sp1 .. There is no stipulated date for SP3 yet ..

then , whn sp3 is released it wud include all teh things released in previous sevice packs also.."casanova" user previous post he said , sp3 is a collecion of updates, so i got a ques to install sp2 and tehn get into sp3;

thansk bye;

tosh_mine

Broken In
i got the same problem a few days before.Finally the problem diagnosed was my motherboard didnt support the installation. Finally i got my motherboard replaced(It was under guarantee). And now i have service pack 2 installed on my pc.Check for ur motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom