Problem installing software.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp_even

Broken In
I have a strange problem with my PC.Whenever I try to install games or other software with large size of installers, I get a CRC or some other error and the installation aborts.

Even when an installer tries to unzip huge .cab files, the unzipping mostly fails...
I do not have any problems installing from small sized installer files..

The same CD/DVD installs fine when I try it on my friends' PCs.
I have tested my DVD writer on another PC(it worked fine) and have even changed my IDE cable but the problem persists..
Please help

OP
X

xp_even

Broken In
My system config is as follows:
Intel P4 3.0Ghz
Intel 946GZIS chipset
1GB DDR2 667 RAM
160GB HDD
XFX 8600GT Graphics
I use windows XP Pro SP2.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^please explain more,wt happened wen u tried to copy the installation files to ur hdd? and wts ur system specs?
Hav u tried the same problem causing DVD and DVD writer together in ur friends PC?

OP
X

xp_even

Broken In
Copy the installation files from DVD to hard disk gives no errors...when i try to run the installer from my HDD then i get the same error....like "CRC failed for some file...or the certain ".cab" file does not match the on the DVD.Please contact your vendor."..

When I use the same DVD on my friends' system, it installs fine.I brought my friend's Sony DVD writer and it gave same problem on my system( mine is Samsung writer).It works fine on his system...

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Download and install windows installer

Then do full system scan using updated kaspersky antivirus.

Then try to install the software frm Hard disk.

If the problem persist use another ram stick in ur system and try to install again.

Last edited:

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^No, it is not a virus problem.
seems you never run diskcleaner.
your temp folder has been full.
install ccleaner,run it and clean your system.
also defrag your all partitions.

Last edited:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
my friend, its ram problem.
insert another stick & check the same. I too faced this problem, solved changing RAM slot.

There are a lot of problem created by RAMs but goes unnoticed.

my regards,

OP
X

xp_even

Broken In
my friend, its ram problem.
insert another stick & check the same. I too faced this problem, solved changing RAM slot.

There are a lot of problem created by RAMs but goes unnoticed.

my regards,

Wow!!! Thanks....It really was RAM problem.One of my Transcend DIMMs were giving the problem..Got it replaced as it was under warranty....:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom