Problem installing OS on AMD64 with SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpepe

Broken In
My system config. is AMD64 2800+ with MSI K8MM-V MoBo, 160 GB Seagate Sata HDD, 512Ram, Sony DL DVD Writer, NVIDIA GForce Mx4000 AGP Card. My problem is that i am not able to install WinXp(any edition). It always gives me a halt screen with either win32k.sys or atapi.sys errors during installation. And as I complete installing the OS it again gives the samr problem. Can anyone help me.

Get in touch with Microsoft India - 1 600 11 1100 (Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune and Ahmedabad. This facility is available from MTNL/BSNL phones only.)

Keep your system config ready (write it down) before calling. Also you registration card and purchase reciept. These blokes are pretty good at troubleshooting. I know a friend working for them :lol: .

More info - *www.microsoft.com/india/support/faq.aspx

Alternatively,. you could just give your OS supplier a call.

Cheers,
Keith

praveen44

Right off the assembly line
Hi there.
For installing Win XP on a RAID sata drive, you need to copy the drivers for the same on to a floppy and start the install process. Press F6 when setup starts ( will be shown at the bottom of screen ) and insert the floppy. Will restart a few times and noraml setup will continue. This happened to me because XP does not recognise newer hard drives. Must help you too.

khandu

In the zone
nothing to do with the RAID sATA

i have kind of same config and never had a single error..

try getting another copy of winXP.. maybe thats curropt..

u can see my sign.. have the same proc + HDD.. winXP runs like a baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom