problem installing LexmarkZ605 on XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guarav_gupta

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I've got windows XP with AMD Athlon XP 1700+ which runs at 1.47Ghz with 376Mb RAM.

I've got Lexmark Z605 inkjet printer(USB Printer) and facing lot of trouble installing it.

OS detects the printers but its not showing up in printers and i'am not able to print any documents.

Please HELP

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
First...what problems are you facing ? do you still have the CD that must have come along with ur printer for it will contain the req drivers. If you dont have then here is a link to download the drivers.

*downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:389:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=556

Also check ur USB ports on ur motherboard and make sure they are working first :

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. Please elaborate .. "OS detects the modem but its not showing in printers" .. What do you mean by that ...?
Are you sure you have installed USB drivers for your motherboard ..?

Well.. you can get the updated drivers for you printer here :
*downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=104:1:0:389:0:0

OP
G

guarav_gupta

Right off the assembly line
The problem i'm facing is The Operating systems detects a USB device connected .... and when i run the Lexmark CD and points to the USB driver on the CD for Lexmark ..... nothing happens .....

When i try to run the setup from the CD ... it finishes succesfully with the wizard but still cannot find the printer under Printers folder and cannot print anything.....

Useful Info1: While installing the driver 1st time .... it gave error "Cannot install the spooling software"

Useful Info2: Sometimes when i keep on trying to installing the software it talks about some certifications with microsoft.

That's it. I'm still not able to install and use the printer.

vysakh

Padawan
r u trying to say that ur OS detects the printer but u cannot install the driver..
if yes try this
go to device manager and find printer. in the printer right click and select update driver. a menu will come asking which one to install. select the option dont search, i will give the driver. click next. then in the window click have disk. browse to the cd and select the driver and click ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom