1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

problem installing LexmarkZ605 on XP...

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by guarav_gupta, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guarav_gupta

guarav_gupta New Member

Hi Guys,

I've got windows XP with AMD Athlon XP 1700+ which runs at 1.47Ghz with 376Mb RAM.

I've got Lexmark Z605 inkjet printer(USB Printer) and facing lot of trouble installing it.

OS detects the printers but its not showing up in printers and i'am not able to print any documents.

Please HELP

2. icecoolz

icecoolz Active Member

3. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

4. OP
    OP
    guarav_gupta

guarav_gupta New Member

The problem i'm facing is The Operating systems detects a USB device connected .... and when i run the Lexmark CD and points to the USB driver on the CD for Lexmark ..... nothing happens .....

When i try to run the setup from the CD ... it finishes succesfully with the wizard but still cannot find the printer under Printers folder and cannot print anything.....

Useful Info1: While installing the driver 1st time .... it gave error "Cannot install the spooling software"

Useful Info2: Sometimes when i keep on trying to installing the software it talks about some certifications with microsoft.

That's it. I'm still not able to install and use the printer.

5. vysakh

vysakh New Member

r u trying to say that ur OS detects the printer but u cannot install the driver..
    if yes try this
    go to device manager and find printer. in the printer right click and select update driver. a menu will come asking which one to install. select the option dont search, i will give the driver. click next. then in the window click have disk. browse to the cd and select the driver and click ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.