Problem in Booting Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdrajan

Right off the assembly line
Whenever i boot the system, after checking the RAM memory and Drives the system stops with a message - Press F1 to Resumeant to boot from the network. The system can only be booted after pressing F1. I disconnected the net work connection and still boots normally after pressing F1. System actually boots from Hard Disk and not searching for the Netweork. Then why this message comes in every boot or reboot?

Pressing F8 at the time of booting does not get the various booting options. How can i get these options such booting in safe mode, last known good configuration, command prompt, etc.

Bios botting setup is set to CD ROM as first and HDD as second device.
My OS - Windows XP Home Edition and SP2 installed. Mother Board Intel D845BG.

Please help to rectify the defect.

G. Devarajan

lalam

In the zone
Well i don't know but maybe you should try using the fixmbr command and see since its a booting problem.
Run your win xp cd and boot from the cd > Wait until the message for using recovery console comes up which you should be notified with the help of the text display that comes at the bottom of the screen > Once the msg comes hit the appropriate button to run recovery console > Once your screen shows the command prompt for recovery console type fixmbr and run
Well i don't know if this might solve your problem but since its a boot problem just give it a try. It wouldn't affect your system file so there's no risk.
By the way is this problem relevant to any recent change you made with your pc?

sashijoseph

In the zone
It's not an mbr issue,rather a bios setup one.
When the "press F1 to continue" message comes look for some error message like "floppy drive failure" etc.
Try getting into the bios with F2 or del key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom