[Problem] Google Toolbar For Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmay

Journeyman
Lately, My default browser Mozilla Firefox had gone very slow and I had had many unusable Extensions and Themes which couldn't be removed. So, I went ahead and deleted the folder C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and started Firefox again. It started from scratch and I installed all my basic extensions and Theme.

Now, I realize that Firefox has a fine in-built Google Search Bar but I am very much used to the Google Toolbar which i have been using since the Internet Explorer days and I can't possibly do without it now that it is available for Firefox as well. As usual I went to *www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/install.html and added toolbar.google.com to the exceptions besides 'Warn me when websites try to install extensions and themes' and also whitelisted the page from AdBlock. Now, when I click on Agree And Install and nothing happens. I have installed this extension more than once in the past and it used to go smooth and all right.

I should also mention that I installed Fiefox 2.0 Alpha 1 codenamed Bon Echo 2-3 days back and uninstalled it and may be it is responsible for the problem.

I'll be very greatful if someone could help me with this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom