problem distribution application developed in php

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
hi
I have developed a payroll software using Mysql and php, my problem is that i want to sel it someone, but am afraid we will able to see entire source code, and may even then sell it someone else.

can u tel, how can i keep my source code secure so that will not able to see souce code.

thanks

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
You may not be able to hide your business logic in that way. Distribution of web applications requires you to give away source codes also.

Then, you might want to use an ASP (Application Service Provider ) model and just give the service to your customers and charge them annual fees, rather than giving away entire source codes.

OP
R

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
then, this is a biggest problem !,, if this is the case, then developing web based applications is a loss to software developer.

i am confused !!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
How can you talk about hiding the source code in the community that emphasis on freedom of software, where source code is open and encouraged to be shared? Even your software has been developed using tools whose codes are easily available to you to see.
Why are you getting so insecure? There are n number of applications for people in the world to crack and remove their source codes, why would they just target yours?

demoninside

In the zone
tech_your_future said:
How can you talk about hiding the source code in the community that emphasis on freedom of software, where source code is open and encouraged to be shared? Even your software has been developed using tools whose codes are easily available to you to see.
Why are you getting so insecure? There are n number of applications for people in the world to crack and remove their source codes, why would they just target yours?

come on man, do u have any idea wht r u saying..........

Open source is good, but small guys like us, who need to earn money in the starting phase, then we don't want to give our source code in the very starting......

later on we might go for that.............

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I have a very good idea of what I am saying. You just want to grab all you can get for free without giving back anything. That's just exploitation. Before using Open Source do understand what open source is and what is the ideology behind open source. Open source movement is not about grabbing whatever you can get for free to develop your applications to keep to yourself. Open source is an ideology which promotes sharing and freedom to create quality softwares and make computing in general affodable and available to wide user base.
And it is possible for experienced hackers to very well open up the code of application with the tools available, that all of us here know very well. And you can charge for the open source applications so that you can build a profitable business.
If you don't want to release your software as open source, then why do you want to use open source tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom