Problem connecting to television...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hi it has been a long while i bought a GeForce FX 5200 XFX build 256 bit 128MB ram card....
it has a TV out with it....
my prob is that when i connect to the television.... while my PC is on.. nothing happens... the video in channel is just black and blank.....
when i restart my PC while connected tot hte television it shows the boot screen and everything till the "Windows XP" logo and then it goes blank again....
now when i restart and disconnect the monitor off the CPU then the TV works fine with the card....
now what is this problem!!??
i have seen many ppl running a TV and the monitor at the same time without any prob...
how do i achieve this....?
also, I have the latest force ware drivers ie. 81.87... and video BIOS version 4.34.20.67....... TV encoder type: Integrated (MV).......

mangemayur

Journeyman
u have to enable dual monitor on from the Display propery

go to NVidea tab in the display property, u will find there how to do this

mangemayur

Journeyman
ON Yr Desktop ->Right Click -> Properties -> Settings Over here u can see 2 Monitors, Click on 2nd Monitor and then Extend my Desktop on this monitror
its going to be some thing like *www.oceansystems.com/support/dual_monitors_nvidia980.htm

theraven

Technomancer
ur tryin dual display and it isnt working right ?
single display is ?
try an older version of forceware drivers

my tv out gives me problem .. works perfectly with v 66.63 tho !

mangemayur

Journeyman
in that case u have to go to advanced setting of drive, mine ASUS 6600GT also does not recongizes the TV, but after figuring out Which system it uses (PAL / NICHAM) and some color settings... i was able to do so.. will give u the complete detail by tomorrow (as i m in office, and cant reprodouce those steps :) )

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
ok... i somehow got the TV to work... but the problem is that it only shows the desktop wallpaper and nothing else.......

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
ok...... this is neat..... i managed to make the thing work..... but now i didn't get the movie to display on the TV... so had to switch the TV as primary display to view the movie but then while the TV is primary... the movie doesn't playback on my monitor....... the sound is there though......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom