Problem Connecting Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Hi
I recently connected my PC with my frnds lappy
But after that my ZA firewall is acting absurdly & isn't allowing me to connect using internet
I get connected but no website opens up
I try to ping the BSNL server & it works fine
But still no website opens
When I disable ZA Firewall it works fine

I tried to reinstall ZA but the same problem persists

afonofa

Journeyman
I'm not sure if its because of connecting to your friend's laptop. But if you installed the latest windows updates, Microsoft Update KB951748, then you could be having the same issue(loss of internet connection with zonealarm firewall on) that lots of zonealarm users have reported after installing those updates. They have released a new version of zonealarm firewall which fixes this issue.

v7.0.483.000

OP
Ecko

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Problem Solved *files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Adore.gif
Thanx Very Much *files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Happy.gif

snehangshu

Broken In
I'm also facing the same problem.

in my computer automatic update was turned on,after that all mails(yahoo,gmail)even orkut are not opening.
even a page is taking quite long to load.
but downloads are working fine.

as per the procedure u had told,i couldn't find Kb951748 update installed.

is it anything to do with virus?

or what is the procedure so that this problem can be solved...
plz reply

snehangshu

Broken In
the page u r talking about it says"page cannot be displayed"
also i'm using avast antivirus.

is it blocking the sites/mails from opening?

whenever i was opening my computer,avast detected 6/7 virus and I deleted all.

what to do next?

afonofa

Journeyman
The above solution was only if you have zonealarm firewall installed and then had a complete loss of internet connection after the KB951748 windows update. Even if you don't have zonealarm you should still be having the KB951748 update because it is a critical security update.

At the top of your Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs there is a checkbox for Show Updates. If that checkbox is checked and you still can't find KB951748 in the updates list then download and install KB951748.

If you have zonealarm installed and you have the KB951748 windows update already installed, then your internet connection problem is because of ZA conflicting with the windows update. In that case get the latest zonealarm v7.0.483.000 which works with update KB951748.

If you don't have zonealarm and you also don't have KB951748 update then maybe installing only the windows update will solve your problem.

If it doesn't, then from what you said about viruses, that is probably the reason for your loss of internet connection. In that case I recommend you uninstall Avast, download and install Kaspersky Antivirus v7.0.1.325 > activate the trial > update it > scan and clean. If Kaspersky cleans out all the viruses then you can continue using it till the trial ends and then switch back to Avast or buy Kaspersky Antivirus.

If you still have virus problems, then maybe post a HijackThis log in a new thread.

Edit: I mean my above post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom