problem!!! can u plz...help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

vachas007

Right off the assembly line
hello every one...

a very happy new year to all...... :eek:
Recently i have written a MP3 CD ...i loaded the songs according to the folders... but when i play it on the player ...i find that some folders are jumping (My player displays...folder no also...) and.... further add to my shock...i find that the folders are being replayed with different numbers....for ex... If i listened to songs in folder 2.... which contains metallica.. then if want to listen to folder 13...containing Iron Maiden...it shows folder 13 and playing mettalica :oops:

thanx for reading with patience......kindly help me out with my problem.....more than listening of my songs...i wish to know the solution to my peculier problem.......

kl_ravi

Journeyman
I think you must have enabled the "shuffle" feature in your media player. Remove/Uncheck that feature and the songs will play according to your preference.

Alternatively, you can create your own playlist and make the player play the playlist (*.m3u)

welcome to the forum vachas007! Well, kl_ravi seems to be right. Check is the shuffle option is enabled. If it aint, then use a meta-tag editor to re-name and put the folder into order - as u like it!

btw, next time, plz display abt the prob in the SUBJECT LINE!

c ya!

theraven

Technomancer
guys
relax
and take ur time to read the problem
he said the song is in another folder and the folder displayed is diff
nuthin to do with shuffle !

which player are u using ?
what softrware did u used to burn the cd ?
what kind of media did u use ?
whats ur cd writer burn max burn speed ?
have u tried any other mp3 cds?
did u check the folders on ur pc ? the directory structures et al ?
have u checked whether you put the right sings in the right directory

tuxfan

Technomancer
The players usually play the songs and go thru the folder in alphabetical order. You may have to number the folders as 01 Veer Zaara and 02 Main Hoon Na for Veer Zaara to play before Main Hoon Na.

Same thing applied to mp3 files within a folder. They will play in alphabetica order. So number them. I have faced a similar problem earlier. However, older players don't even play in order after numbering. But some newer ones do. :)

OP
V

vachas007

Right off the assembly line
HI...
Thanx for your responses......well i am sorry for not writing the problem on the subj. line......i am new to this community...so plz pardon me....
Comming to the problem.....The problem is not in shuffle....
Raven.....i burned the CD using NERO 5.5 using my Benq writer(52X)... The cd is of Moser Baer(52X) company...... I burned the CD using 40X speed
I checked the directory structure after writing the CD....... all are MP3 files only

I played the MP3 cd in my car sterio....which is pioneer (model NO. 5550 -- Mp3 compatable---displays folder # and song name etc etc...) and as well in my Deck which is Panasonic sterio system....but still the same problem persists....like jumping of folders and etc etc ....... All other CDs i have written are playing very well...according to the corresponding folder and respective songs in it (ALL have been written in 40X speed).... Today i tested those jumped folders on my comp....they are playing in comp.... :roll: ......
so ..i waiting for an answer to my prob.......

bravefart

Broken In
Yes man the problem is simple my friend problem is with your CD itself not with your Data or your player harware or software . Now problem could be anything for CD scratch ; bad hardware or even if one song is say 120K and should never feed burn speed should let the burner automatically decide it. In Nero their is an option to check Data after Burning it ensures good data quality.Better burn a new CD and update to Nero 6 its out long time has easier interface.

BTW- Maybe the "Master Of Puppets" pulled some strings:)

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Guys, If I m not mistaking, vachas007 is reffering player as Car CD Player.
This problem is very common on those CD players :-( (Plz Don't mind...) Even if u own a branded CD Player, they all use same chipsets.

U have 2 rename the folders as 00Metallica 01IronMaiden. Also, rename the songs as 01Master Of Puppets, 02I_Dissappear etc.... U can also try to set priority to high in file properties 4 ur favorite ones.

B.T.W, I m also metallica fan. I like I dissapper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom