Privacy Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I am using Windows XP Home SP2 Edition.

When i attempted to download the updates of Windows, the following appeared(an example is given below) on my screen and afterwards,during my searching using Google Search Engine and almost to all. How to rectify the problem?. Your detailed reply will be useful and helpful to understand better.

Privacy Alert

The website "support.microsoft.com" has requested to save a file on your computer called a "cookie". This file may be used to track usage information. Do you want to allow this?

O Apply my decision to allow all cokies from this website

Allow Cookie Block Cookie More info Help

busyanuj

In the zone
most probably, all cookies on your computer have been disabled. That is why you are getting the message to allow cookie download on your computer.

open Internet Explorer and click on Tools > Internet Options and click on the privacy tab.

Then move the privacy tab to "Medium" or "Medium High". It will allow first party cookies that don't use personally identifiable information.

Charley

Just Do It
busyanuj said:
most probably, all cookies on your computer have been disabled. That is why you are getting the message to allow cookie download on your computer.

open Internet Explorer and click on Tools > Internet Options and click on the privacy tab.

Then move the privacy tab to "Medium" or "Medium High". It will allow first party cookies that don't use personally identifiable information.

Also u cud change the setting to low since some of them need it to install cookie ...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
You can personally allow sites to store cookies as and when you want. By changing the setting to low, you are inviting malicious content on to your hard drive. Keep it Medium or Medium-High as Anuj suggested and then if any site asks you about cookies, you can allow or disallow depending on which site you are visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom