Primary partition and OS installations issues!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear friends,
i am planning to install multi OS in my system and i just want to know whether instaling OS in the NON primary Partitioned Drive effects its performance or not????
All my drives are NTFS.
Also i would like to know whether installing Win 2000 in the Primary Partition Drive and then instaling Win Xp sp2 in one of the extended Partitioned Drive is Advisable or Vice-versa of it.
i would want both the Os's in my system.

PLz help ASAP
tnz in advance.

Massacre

Broken In
Create one Primary partition

Install 2000 first.

Create Extended partition, and some Logical drives.

Install XP on the Logical partition.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, we know that if we have 2 OS on 2 different primary partitions, one of them gets hidden to prevent conflict or corruption of data. Since you'll be installing the OS on the logical partition, it won't consider to hide it, maybe resultind in data corruption or other rare failures. :lol:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yrana2002 said:
Well, we know that if we have 2 OS on 2 different primary partitions, one of them gets hidden to prevent conflict or corruption of data.

kindly enlighten me as to how to create "two primary partitions" on one harddisk!!!! :shock: :shock:

btw, Andyiz there are no performace issues related to the location of windowz installation on the disk (at least for me...i've done that before!).

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
infra_red_dude said:
kindly enlighten me as to how to create "two primary partitions" on one harddisk!!!! :shock: :shock:

btw, Andyiz there are no performace issues related to the location of windowz installation on the disk (at least for me...i've done that before!).

Well, you can create upto 4 primary partitions on one disk, one of them can be the extended partition, which is counted in as primary, which of course is used to create other logical partitions. So, you can have upto 4 Oses on your PC, if u dont want logical ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom