mohit

The Hardware Labs
Windows XP Professional retail - around 6.5 - 7 k

Windows XP Home retail - around 4 - 4.5 k

Windows XP Home OEM - around 3.5 - 4 k

Windows XP Professional OEM - (not sure) maybe around 5k

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Thats way too high, though for long I wanted to somehow buy Genuine Windows XP, now I am having second thoughts.

By the way, mohit, do you have the rates of Multiple user license for Win XP Pro.

naveenchandran

In the zone
Retail is what so called "End-users" Buy...

OEM is "Original Equipment Manufacturer" the Windows type that is shipped with their "Equipments" during sales.

Any one correct me if I am wrong...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vignesh said:
Why don`t you check the microsoft website.

u can do every think at MS india web site exept of buying a window.... hmm still i am looking a link where is says buy window.... i remmember didgit pointing out to it...

rajas

In the zone
OEM software is wat you get preinstalled by a PC manufacturer.
The Original Equipment Manufacturer installs the software for end user, so OEM software.

@ saurav_cheeta: u cannot directly get Pricing info from MS. even i tried to dig out many a times.
See: Product Information Center for pricing. Unfortunately MS doesnt have Indian page for this, See this : Worldwide Sites

shaunak

Tux Fan
vignesh said:
Why don`t you check the microsoft website.
There must be a price reduction for indian versions coz the website says 300$ for xp pro. thats abt 13k. while its available for 7-8k.
And forget about the indian website. its not very functional .except for the header and baner nothing else is different from the US site. most links lead u back to the US website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom