Not open for further replies.

karthik55859

Broken In
Guys
MY system specs intel 915 MB
P4 3.0 HT
512 MB DDR400
XFX 6600 grapics card

i took graphic card just 3 months ago i was playing all games at 800X600 with medium settings without any problem
And then i downloaded demo of PREY frm gamespot.com
Can i Believe,, it says the system doesnt meet minimum specification to run
wat happend to game industry
my other frend also has same specs and he also cant play prey
this is very bad the gameindustry and hardware industry are planning to fool customers and are forcing to buy newer cards this is very very bad

I NEVER THAUGHT MY GRAPICS CARD WOULD BE OUTDATED SO SOON

Third Eye

gooby pls
my system is nearly similar to you expext the card and ram .card is xfx 6600 gt 256 mb and 1 gb ddr2 ram.do you think it will run on my system.

Third Eye

gooby pls
karthik55859 said:
Guys
MY system specs intel 915 MB
P4 3.0 HT
512 MB DDR400
XFX 6600 grapics card

i took graphic card just 3 months ago i was playing all games at 800X600 with medium settings without any problem
And then i downloaded demo of PREY frm gamespot.com
Can i Believe,, it says the system doesnt meet minimum specification to run
wat happend to game industry
my other frend also has same specs and he also cant play prey
this is very bad the gameindustry and hardware industry are planning to fool customers and are forcing to buy newer cards this is very very bad

I NEVER THAUGHT MY GRAPICS CARD WOULD BE OUTDATED SO SOON

Add an extra RAM i.e, another 512 DDR Same module

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
I don't think the game will run if he adds extra ram stick coz my frnd did the same but the game didn't run. I think u shld buy atleast 6600gt or 7600gt.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
tech_mastermind said:
I have read the review in gamespot.This game is pathetic also nvidia 6 series heavily outdated now.

frget abt Gamespot review (I was a little dissapointed coz they were the first to create extreme hype abt this game and neways IGN gave it a 9.0)

... first of all this EXCELLENT game is not for weak hearted or persons with pseudo or true vertigo or ne other players who can't tolerate unreal FPS shooters (no pun intended) ...

I have just Completed the complete game and one phrase to describe it...

COMPLETELY INNOVATIVE AND EXCELLENT !!! :) :) Thumbs Up to the Creators and Developers who revived this project and made it possible to see the daylight again.

This game shud run peacefully on 6600 with med. settings.... AFAIK u shud update ur drivers to 84 or 91.

Last edited:
OP
karthik55859

karthik55859

Broken In
I have updated my system drivers and direct X to latest and reinstalled no way it runs it doent even start,, it shows the prompt message ""your sytem doent meet the minimum sytem requirements"""

ANY ATI CARD SUBSTITUTE TO 6600??? WILL THIS PLAY THE GAME

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
hmm.. i just tried out the game on my frnds XFX 6200 128 MB gfx card wid 512 MB sys RAM... the game playd good @ med. settings !!!! So thr must be sum prob. tht u r not able to get it run on a 6600 ... btw, use Everest or SiSoft Sandra and chk whther ur Gfx card is being properly detected by ur sys. !!!

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
ur prob is that ur gcard is not detected as rockthegod said so u are posiibly using onboard and thats causing the problem since it need shaders 1.1 so check if it is recognised.

By the way the game roxxx. Gamespot's review was gr8 but score was too low

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
started the game once again and this is my second time completion of this game @ higher difficulty level !!!

This Space Combat thingy is excellent & is exciting especially 4 me bcoz ne'er plyd space combat be4 for so prolonged duration ...

One Screenie with the view of the external world from the mothership
*img97.imageshack.us/img97/7145/tt9mg.th.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's impossible.The card is clearly supported by the game.Here check this list out:
System Requirements

1.1 MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Intel Pentium 4 2.0Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 2000+ processor
512MB System RAM
100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with latest manufacturer drivers
8X CD-ROM (standard edition), DVD-ROM (Limited Collector's Edition)
2.2GB of uncompressed free hard drive space
100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP with latest service pack installed
Mouse and keyboard
DirectX 9.0c (included)

1.2 RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Intel Pentium 4 2.5Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 2500+ processor or higher
1GB System RAM
ATI Radeon X800 series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series sound card
Broadband internet connection or LAN required for multiplayer

1.3 SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS:

ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon X300 series
ATI Radeon X550 series
ATI Radeon X600 series
ATI Radeon X700 series
ATI Radeon X800 series
ATI Radeon X850 series
ATI Radeon X1300 series
ATI Radeon X1600 series
ATI Radeon X1800 series
ATI Radeon X1900 series
NVIDIA GeForce 3/Ti series
NVIDIA GeForce 4/Ti series
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 series
What's the driver version of the Graphic card?

hellrider

Broken In
Check the display adapter in my computers(right click)->properties->hardware tab->device managers.If its not showing ur display adapter as 6600, its not detected properly, this may be due to either ur GPU maybe malfunctioning, or due to improper drivers. or improper connections.

Check ur BIOS settings & make sure the graphic card is set to PCIe or AGP, by default it will be set to IGP in some BIOS, Also make sure u hav connected the video out to ur gpu NOT to the onboard video outlet.

The reason I am telling this is 6600 supports shader vesion 3.0 while the game needs only 1.1!! There's noway that 6600 can't run this game, Prey runs smoothly in 6600 in high settings with no antialiasing!!

If u hav already given proper connections & configured the BIOS, then u hav to install proper drivers. For safer side install Forceware 84.21 drivers or 91.31 drivers!!

And by the way Which OS u r using, is it WINXP or WIN98. If u r trying play in Win98 switch over to WinXP & try running the game again!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom