Preview videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Is there any s/w through which incompleted torrent video (>50% of total) files can be viewed.

martian

Broken In
shyamno said:
Is there any s/w through which incompleted torrent video (>50% of total) files can be viewed.
Run them through DivFix (just Google it). It lets you watch those partially downloaded avi movies (bittorrent video files are *.avi). If it can, it will fix them!

VLC Player works fine too in viewing incomplete AVI files. It can help you view them if it's not corrupt.

If it can't, then probably the file has got corrupt... The file will be missing the first few blocks in it which tells your media player what kind of a file it is, how big it is, what codecs to use, etc. On such is the problem, you can use an avi editor like Virtualdub (just Google it) to reconstruct partial files.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I am using Bitcomet and I ahve downloaded a video file about 50%.But unable to play with VLC player ,it shows "This AVI file is broken.Seeking will not work correctly.Do you want to try to repair it?"

martian

Broken In
shyamno said:
I am using Bitcomet and I ahve downloaded a video file about 50%.But unable to play with VLC player ,it shows "This AVI file is broken.Seeking will not work correctly.Do you want to try to repair it?"
Yes, if that probably is what has happened to your Video file (gone corrupt), you can try your luck with Virtualdub (Google it), it's a free software!

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
martian said:
Yes, if that probably is what has happened to your Video file (gone corrupt), you can try your luck with Virtualdub (Google it), it's a free software!

The file is not corrupt,VLC will display that error whenever u try to play a file not downloaded in it's entirety.Just click 'no',and the file will start to play,though there may be some problems in seeking.

go_gamez

In the zone
AVI preview...is superb if the files is downloaded about 35 to 50 % it can be viewd using the software...

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks it is working.

Is there any s/w to retain the quality but enhance the resolution of the video.

OR any s/w if present to improve the video quality in atmost some quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom