The cover story is very well written; I think every parent should read that. But I think there could have been better ways to promote it on the cover page. Are you trying to lure the parents or the kids into buying this issue?
It's a hi-definition movie (you'll need a slightly above average config to run that). Try using VLC Media Player or install the KaZaa Lite Mega Codec Pack (both are on the CD).kisorgovinda said:The movies provided with July issue is not running properly. When trying to run Elephant's etc. only sound could be heard, no video. I was running it in quicktime which was updated when prompted to do so. Kindly help.
FatBeing said:@tuxfan: .............
we have covered choosing hosting in a previous issue of Digit (will have to check though - was waaay before I joined).
Incidentally, a few of us have had really bad experiences with resellers, so that probably wouldn't have featured anyway.
tuxfan said:Fast track to web-design is mainly for newbies. But it has missed out a few things that newbies will love.
As for domain names, it makes a mention about godaddy but not about DirectI which is an Indian entity with offices even in Mumbai. Although DirectI prices to direct sellers is on a higher side for a .com, it is one of the best one for registering .in (Indiatimes, Rediff, etc. suck big time, Net4Domains want you to pay for 5 yrs at a time).
- Free tools like NVu are not covered. How many really "buy" Frontpage or Dreamweaver? If people are given tips on NVu or Bluevoda or Yahoo Site Builder, they will be tempted to try them out.
- It would have really added value if a small list of free hosting providers would have been included.
- A few more tips and details on choosing the right hosts would have been better.
- Sites for getting free web-templates are not mentioned anywhere. A mention about some of them like FreeTemplates or Interspire would enhance the value.
- Only a 3/4 page on SEO really doesn't do any justice to the topic. Little more details would have been better.
- IMO, www.w3schools.com and www.w3c.org deserved a mention at the right places. The former is a hugh resource of knowledge for learning basics of lots of web-technologies.
Additionally, if domains are taken from a reseller of DirectI, prices can be better than GoDaddy!! Additionally, the interface that can be given to a domain registrant gives all facilities! So IMHO DirectI really should have found a mention, at least for .in domains.