Please also consider this the feedback thread:

Enter

Acclaimed thinker and author Dr Edward deBono doesn’t use much tech

Netscape Rises From The Ashes

A worm that spreads via P2P networks such as KaZaA

What 3G is, and how 3G-enabled devices work

Digital Passion

Security Superheroes
iViz Techno Solutions, a part of IIT Kharagpur’s incubation programme, has the grand vision of “making computing free from all security threats”

Behind The Lens
Digital cameras, simple though they may be to operate, are complex assemblies of several technologies

The Smart Life
Technology is everywhere... Here’s a glimpse of what it will be like when we move around with tech literally surrounding us—at home, in the car, on the road...

30 Hours With...
The Apple Mac mini. One of our reviewers—a Wintel faithful—spent time with this little box to see whether it could make a convert of him. It might have, if not for the price

Take A Crack
Just remove a couple of tabs from ‘Internet Options’ and win! Think you can do it?

Geek Dreams
The Sony Ericsson V800 is a camera phone. Or is it a phone camera? Check out this sleek beauty

Digital Tools

Pixel Palette
Digital art has evolved beyond being a mere novelty. Here’s a look at how the Web can help digital artists

Exporting India
We take a look at how one Web enterpreneur returned to India from France—and switched from importing to exporting Indian goods worldwide

Tech Nightmares
Microsoft Word has its share of niggles. Here’s what to do about five of them

New & Notable
Presenting a nifty little securicam; the Motorola MPx—a nice but expensive smartphone; a 23-inch BenQ LCD; and more

Just Push Print
Standalone printers or MFDs? Regardless, we test some of the best of both

Tube It Up
CRT monitors will remain with us quite some time, the LCD invasion notwithstanding. We test the good and the not so good of the tube kind

Digital Business

Dude! Where’s My Truck?
Here’s a look at how one company uses various technologies, including GPS, DGPS, and GPRS, to provide a comprehensive tracking system for vehicles and more

Wired LANs Or Wi-Fi-based WLANs?
This is a pressing question faced by upcoming as well as existing businesses. So is upgrading to a WLAN worth it?

Why-Fi?
Alongside our face-off on whether it’s worth
upgrading to a WLAN, we give you the facts on what it involves

How Videoconferencing Works
What do you need to conduct a succesful videoconference? What are the options available? A visual tour of the technology that could well be the norm tomorrow

Digital Leisure

Creating A Million Smiles
HP Digital Studio’s ‘Project Muskaan’ aims to take technology to the rural and urban masses, by converting conventional photo labs into digital photo studios

...And There Was Order!
Organising, tagging, and enhancing your digital pics is easy with the right software. We introduce you to two such software that will help you find your photos even a few years later

Escape

Dennis Hayes invented the PC modem—and changed the Internet forever

Nanotechnology may soon find its way into your food—no sweat, it’s not about
little robots in your tummy

Plus... Regulars

Gender Benders: Changing The Default Language On A Computer
Tips & Tricks: Laptops — Buying Tips, Security, Power Saving, etc.; Word; Excel; Powerpoint; Stain Free Printing; Get More From Microsoft Outlook
Net Gain: Kuro5hin.com
Agent001: Flash Memory

Enjoy...

hey man where is hardware reviews. :( .And not a good one looks like, wait a min. let me check it once again. Damn it i can't believe it. That is really not going to make us happy. :x

ycr007

Broken In
Raaabo said:
30 Hours With...
The Apple Mac mini. One of our reviewers—a Wintel faithful—spent time with this little box to see whether it could make a convert of him. It might have, if not for the price

Enjoy...

ahhh...this "Reviewer" Gotta be our Byte Bhai......

'twas mentioned in Last Month's "Digit Diary" I think.....

bharathbala2003

why need title?
gr8 work guys.. this is one of the best issues ive seen.. the whole of adobe multimedia rockz.. and not to forget the fast track.. VIRUS PROOF YOUR PC..

all in all.. the mag is gr8.. keep it up!

grafixguru

Right off the assembly line
hi all,

Is digit is offering any anneversary offer, Usually in april month they r giving more offers

-Grafix Guru

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Raaabo said:

Take A Crack

Just remove a couple of tabs from ‘Internet Options’ and win! Think you can do it?

Enjoy...

Well,

I haven't got the magazine yet. But let me take a crack (not for winning though !!! :) ) at removing few options from Internet Explorer. You will require X-Setup Pro 7.0 because editing registry is not recommended for everybody :twisted:

Once you have downloaded and installed X-Setup,

1) Double click X-Setup Icon in the Control Panel.
2) Switch to classic view
3) Navigate to X-Setup Plugins > Internet > Internet Explorer > Interface Lockdown and choose "Internet Options Dialog Restrictions"
4) Once there, you can uncheck the options below.....

....Show Advanced Tab
....Show Connections Tab
....Similarly for Content, General, Privacy, Programs, Security etc.

If you uncheck every thing and click Tools > Internet options in internet explorer, you will get a warning "This functions has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect in this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

So leave one or two options to get the desired result.

hey guys, got mag and read 1\3rd and not all of them r good but ok. virus proof might be good. I think it is good and in the mag all of them a bit sane(oops, that was same!) as previous. Totally not that good. :)

And guys, saw DVD exellent contents. What? I can't open the files. Damn it. Somebody is facing the same problem or tell me how to open the files ? :twisted: :roll:

nrattihalli

Right off the assembly line
April DVD woes

I bought the April issue at newstand. Looking at the content April DVD seems to be OK, since the Adobe Audio Video collection was already offered by other computer magazine. However Fruity Loop 5.0 interested me. But when I tried to browse the DVD, even though the content was appearing in the brower, but the ICONs were missing also the programs most of them are not running.

The CD/DVD Content clearly mentions that "Due to replication error the autorun will not work, hence start.hta should be executed", but even start.hta is not working. It seems that almost 90% of DVD content is not working and this may be due to replication errors

I have already sent the email at help@jasubhai.com and waiting for reply.

If anybody out there is facing similar problems, pls post them in this thread. :( :( :( :(

Nagesh Rattihalli, Hassan, Karnataka

A

andareil

I too received the dvd and have the same problem. Most of the software is not working on the dvd. Most likely is a replication error. This is hardly expected of digit.

abhinav

Journeyman
DVD QUALITY IS ZERO MAN!
AND WHAT ABT THE MAGAZINE NO NEW INTERESTING STUFF
I DONT FELL GOOD RIGHT NOW
Oops LOOKING FOR BETTER.

ycr007

Broken In
Hmm....Feedback time.Detailed Feedback wud be given later.But Jus' would
Like to point out the fact about the absolutely pathetic Quality of the Paper
used.It was worse than a tabloid*users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/mad/1018.gif

And What struck me was that the HP Advertorial in between was printed on
the Best Quality paper.IMHO,that really showed how poor the paper
quality was.

technovice

Broken In
Santosh Halemani said:
And guys, saw DVD exellent contents. What? I can't open the files. Damn it. Somebody is facing the same problem or tell me how to open the files ? :twisted: :roll:

I can't open the files either!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
IS this some kind of a BAD april fool's joke??

Anyone else experiencing the same problem??

.....oooops
little late sorry!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
the digit april issue was ok but i'm dissapointed for the fact that they dint carry any reviews of the LCDs along with the CRTs....it wud have been better for us coz then we cud have done comparisons b/w the two display formats....

ENjoy....

QuickFire

Broken In
My Review of Digit April 2005:
1. Magazine - So and so...nothing gr8...average contents.
2. Fast Track - Awesome...IMHO, Digit mag shud come free with Fast Track from now on and not the other way round. :p
3. DVD - Can't install any program. Can't view any file. Can't play any movie, music. Totally corrupt. :shock: :eek: :( :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom