prevent copying of data cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Recently I purchased Oxford Advanced learner's dictionery with CD. Now when I tried to copy it or make an iso image of it, it is not allowing to be copied. I want to know how this can be done and by what software.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Now if your intentions are good and you want to make a backup copy of your original disk, you can use Alcohol120% or Blindwrite ....:)

Remember sharing the backup cd with your friends or running it on more than one computer amounts to piracy which is forbidden here.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
After trying all options mentioned above

Try This

I've done it with winimage(use any alternative) and Virtual CD (ver.7)

1.> First make an iso image of your CD with winimage. yes it will not get done. (do not delete the incomplete image, it has all the structure/info. needed to create virtual cd of protected CD's)

2.> now insert this image using Virtual CD in your virtual Drive.

3.> Create Virtual CD of the Inserted Incomplete image. (Allow Virtual Cd as Source for this option in Virtual Cd settings)

4.> now edit the created virtual cd using the virtual CD editor. (Open .vc4 file for editting)

5.> now copy your cd to any folder in HDD

5.> copy all files to the editing virtual cd (replacing all existing files)

6.> Then Create virtual cd from the editor itself.

Thats it. this method will save your existing Genuine CD from gettin Scratchs :p

I've successfully created virtual cd of Dungeon Seige, Mech Warrior (get with my HCL PC) and DukeNukem Project Manhettan usin this method.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
what if we want to make our CD protected like that. Is there any software that can prevent a cd being copied?

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Manshahia said:
what if we want to make our CD protected like that. Is there any software that can prevent a cd being copied?

ya.. i think this is the question being asked.. same question is it possible to make protected data cd?

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I also wanted to know how cd can be copy protected. For everybody's info, the suggested software, i.e. Blindwrite cannot copy the protected cd. Can anybody give me the names some software/methods through which we can protect data/audio cd/dvd's?

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictonary is protected by CD-COPS Copy protection.

*linkdata.com/index.htm#news11
*www.linkdata.com/index.htm#cdcops

I guess Blindwrite tries to make 1:1 copy regardless of the contents its trying to copy. That's why its called blindwrite.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
the.kaushik said:
ya.. i think this is the question being asked.. same question is it possible to make protected data cd?

go here. a tutorial " Make copy protected CD's" posted by a thinkdigit member "khattam_"

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18318

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
s18000rpm said:
go here. a tutorial " Make copy protected CD's" posted by a thinkdigit member "khattam_"

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18318

The above tutorial is for copy protecting linux cd's. How about making windows data copy protection?

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Why do you wana make your cd's copy protected :p. what's sooooo important.
first you guys wanna copy copy protected Cd's. then you wanna make cd's copy protected

but then thats human nature

that's why there's a phrase in hindi " @#$%% ki puch kabhi sidhi nahi hoti" :p

whistler

Journeyman
if anyone knows it....dont reveal here.......go directly to microsoft and tell bill g@te$....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom