power supply for this rig PLEASE HELP!URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamalsen

Broken In
Hi there.

I got a brand new system with the following configuration:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ /512KB Cache/2000 MHzFSB/Socket 939 2 * 512 MB DDR TRANSCEND RAM 400 MHZ MSI K8N SLI Platinum M/B - nForce4 SLI - Socket 939 XFX GeForce 6600 graphics Card 256 Mb Memory Western Digital Sata 7200 rpm 80gb HDD.Benq dual layer dvd writer.
please suggest a few local smps i can buy in calcutta.
and the specs.i know it has to be 450 watts and 24 pin but i need more detail.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
since u got an SLI mobo i wud recommend a good hefty PSU ... antec neo power 480W would be good if u can get that, since u only got a 6600vanilla which isnt too power hungry :p
neways check out this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27885&start=20

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
anything cheaper??

i hear antec is very costly...
do you hav anything less costly ??around 2000??thats my limit.
it has to be above 450 w
24 pin and the 12v line has to be around 19A

Ringwraith

Journeyman
i got my zebronics 450W for rs. 2500 .... rated 19A on 12v 24pin ATX2.0
check with those guys..u could mail and ask them for availability in ur city
*www.zebronics.net/

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
anyone from kolkata

anyone from kolkata who has bought 450 and above wattage smps in kolkata??it has to be 24 pins,and the +12v has to have around 18A output.Inhave been calling dealers like crazy all day in cal and no one seems to have any colorsit or powersafe stuff...any address,phone no or link will be very helpfull.even if u have bought from a different company but with these specs please tell.

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
this is just weird!

Well,after doing incessant search for the proper psu i went in to buy one...but would you believe it they did not have single one which matches the specs??antec was available in only one shop but way over my budget.I found one server class psu-i need your advice on that.It is from a company called e-life and is 600 watts.the +12v rail has 25A power and the +3.3v has 30A.what i want to know is that if i buy this psu,will it fry my system???this is the only one available other than the antec.other 500 watts psu that are available either do not have the 24 pin or end up not having 18A in the +12v rail.My motherboard needs at least 18A in the +12v rail.I am deeply worried about this and i would be very greatfull if you could provide any feedback on this.PLEASE help me out.

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
SMPS worries!URGENT

Hi there.

I got a brand new system with the following configuration:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ /512KB Cache/2000 MHzFSB/Socket 939 2 * 512 MB DDR TRANSCEND RAM 400 MHZ MSI K8N SLI Platinum M/B - nForce4 SLI - Socket 939 XFX GeForce 6600 graphics Card 256 Mb Memory Western Digital Sata 7200 rpm 80gb HDD. Benq dual layer dvd writer.
the navtech 450 watts psu provided was not enough.the mobo specs demanded at least 450 watts and 18A at least in the +12v rails.It had only 12A.Lower power caused my system to restart over and over again and accessing my cd rom allways made my system restart.Moreover i could not put my RAM in dual channel mode which was causing restarts.Since so many people advised i decided to go for a new PSU.

Well,after doing incessant search for the proper psu i went in to buy one...but would you believe it they did not have single one which matches the specs(Kolkata)??antec was available in only one shop but way over my budget.I found one server class psu-i need your advice on that.It is from a company called e-life and is 600 watts.the +12v rail has 25A power and the +3.3v has 30A.what i want to know is that if i buy this psu,will it fry my system???this is the only one available other than the antec.other 500 watts psu that are available either do not have the 24 pin or end up not having 18A in the +12v rail.My motherboard needs at least 18A in the +12v rail.I am deeply worried about this and i would be very greatfull if you could provide any feedback on this.PLEASE help me out.

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
coolermaster?

i did search for coolermaster.apparently costlier than antec! 550W SMPS price tag is 8100 exclusive of tax!!
i need cheaper options.if you look at my previous post,i looked through entire chandni bazaar and came up with zilch.Some people actually laughed and said that above 500W SMPS hasnt been invented yet!!i aint kidding.The e-life server class thing is the only thing below 3000 which meets ALL the standards and then some.but i dont wanna buy it if it ends up turning my system to fried fish!so please advise on that.the voltage isnt the problem.but higher amp value in the lines,can it damage devices or the individual devices circuitry will take care of that??

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
i understand budget is a issue for many people but for ur config a good psu is neccsary for any comp for that matter well i hope i dont need to explain u why if u are going for sli go for antec true power it is chaep but not in 2000rs immosible to get agood one above 400 volt at that cost i see u are going for a preety decent config so why be soo budget consiou for the most important thing u will surly get relived from major headace if u goo for agood psu and bye from people who know what they are selling and what they are speaking never heard of 500 watt psu thats a joke i wouldnt bye my sttuf from such guys u ca get zebronic if u want to but genraly they hardl supply the specified powere powersupply is pretty crtical for u stuuf to work welll just browse to some hardware foreum and u will see half the problems start because of psu

true power 550 watts is 7900 inclusive tax
neo power 480 is 8300 inclusive tax but this has 2 12 volt channel s for continous flow to mobd i use it it is great

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@tamalsen
dont risk your expensive rig by using some unbranded power supply. I havent heard of e-life and so i dont recommend it. I know antec is costly but dude u will have to manage it somehow else u pose a serious risk to ur hardware. Go only for antec and not even coolermaster. Antec True Power 2.0 TP-II 550 ( 550 Watts) (SLI CERTIFIED) is for Rs. 5700.00 + tax. this is your safest n best bet.

try saving some money by using 512 mb ram at present. u can always buy ram later but a psu is a one time investment and it is stupidity to buy a cheap psu for such a high end rig.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
What an IRONY!
TAMAL
U frm KOL,Me frm GHY,facing the same Hard Facts,that this NON-TECH Eastern parts of this country throws on 2 Techie like Us!!

I am also making abt the same -end config@Ghy,but 2 ,rather at a loss of products & services out here,for that are so easily available & taken for granted @ Delhi,Bombay,Bang,etc

My problem is even worse than urs maybe,bcoz Dealers @ ghy(when they dont have a stock,or face uncommon products demands ,first query up KOL-the regional HQ,& shit i know all abt KOL,the attitude & their F***k IT knowledge @ Chandni Chowk & other Big shops there & I can easily empathise,when they say,they neva heard anything abv a 500w PSU(I can TELL that from my OWN exp @ that place,bcoz i have too done a Market Survey for all latest IT products,particularly for 939 prooccy's & mobos,when they were first released around abt this same time-the previous year 2004.& KNOW IT for CERTAIN,THAT NOT EVEN 1 small/BIG shop @CALCUTTA did have any detailed IDEA abt AMD-64-bit architecture or rather the diif.sockets used in them,but only when i atlast haapened to got hold of Mr.Archit MAnmohan,Channel manager-EAstern India,& met personally could i talk abt the whole issue in some depth.So,know for Sure,Whether,@Ghy or Kol,THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SHOP WORTH IT"S SALT & TALK ABT GENUINE PARADIGMS!

So,ur BEST CHANCE for IT-Tech survival is ONLINE mate & that too in particular FORUMS like this!

AS for YOUR PSU SMPS REQUIREMENTS,I THINK U SHOLD ALSO GO FOR ANTEC TRUE POWER 550 W 2.0 SLI-READY & be on the SAFE-Side(I AM ALSO DOING THE SAME OUt Here,BUT @much Higher Premium Prices than yours EVEn)

I know "ALFA-TECH" is/maybe the Only Shop selling the ANTEC BRand @Kol,& even greater IRONY,My ANTEC Dealer @ Guwahati(TECHNO TRADES - the ONE & Only Antec Dealer @ GHY), 2 refers & quotes from ALFA_tECH..NOW C,WHAT A SOORY STROKE OF LUCK for me @ GHY.

BUt,whatever,dont anguish,U have 2 save ur New Rif,& get the above said PSU from any IT DEALEr(WHO Literally UNDERSTANDS sumthing abvt IT & PC) or rather Ship them from DELHI or BOMBAY(which I maybe doing in my case 2)

So,that's for my SOME HONEST ADVICE(with my best sincerity)

BTW<IF U DONT MIND,can u say,what is ur TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE ADDING UPTO(The COMPLETE "NEW" SYSTEM,which u r Building).
MY one here is ADDING upto 1 BIG L

ANYWAY,sorry for the long post!
rgds

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Don't buy anything untested. Buy something of trusted brand.
For cooler master prices contact:
Tirupati Enterprises
11 Robert Street.
Phone: 22251192 .
For Antec contact:
Alfa Tech
Mr. Pranay Agarwal
Mob. - 9830045322.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
dont bu coolermaster , wanna know y ? see this,
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27885&start=20

Kniwor

Learner
Re: anyone from kolkata

tamalsen said:
anyone from kolkata who has bought 450 and above wattage smps in kolkata??it has to be 24 pins,and the +12v has to have around 18A output.Inhave been calling dealers like crazy all day in cal and no one seems to have any colorsit or powersafe stuff...any address,phone no or link will be very helpfull.even if u have bought from a different company but with these specs please tell.

I've not read all the posts above so excuse me for that.

I am in kolkata, last I checked, a 400W antec was around 2200. I think u will be better off with a 400W antec rather than any other local PSU.

Kniwor

Learner
No, a higher PSU does not fry ur system, u can purchase it, and it might do the job, but i would recommend antec,
dont u think u have double posted.

H

harsh bajpai

antec may be expensive but it gives better performance than others. i've done a lot of research regarding powersupplies. for more reasons to buy antec tp2 truepower 550 checkout www.antec.com.
also checkout the link by mohit above in this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom