Power Failure, What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradipudhaya

Broken In
Hello people, please help me. Well, what should I do if the computer turns off after a power failure?? After restarting, wat are the steps to be taken? Thank you.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Most probably nothing. If you were doing something important and hadn't saved your progress, you will lose the data. Windows might ask you to run ScanDisk or something as it wasn't shut down properly. But most of the time, nothing happens. I have had a few such cases and when the power returned, I just switched it back on and had no trouble whatsoever.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Firstly let me say its not good for your hard ware when your system goes down abruptly due to a power failure. Solution Get a UPS. any way if it does happen then do the folloing:
If working in windows i would recommend a scan disk (it is done automatically) to be done on all drives and if working in ms office recover your document and physically detete the temp files that are left behind.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
it's not much of a problem most of the time but not when...
1. Flashing a BIOS
2. performing a Low level Format
3. booting to a OS
4. defragmenting
etc

magnet

Youngling
format????data loss!!!!wht r u talking...decent solution..get an online ups providing backup time 4 shutdown

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Get an APC or a Numeric or a WEP UPS or there are loads of other UPSes that will give you around 20 mins of backup time. BTW Office XP onwards there is an autosave feature. It'll start of right where the Mr. Electricity decided to take a break. Also you can smack up those stupid and corrupt MSEB officials as an extreme measure

rohanbee

Padawan
UPS.............i never owned one for so many years. Now that i do im always looking for the best one and replacing the old one. A lot fo things get busted in india due to faulty power loads and spikes so be very very carefull.
Also, the prices on the UPS's have crashed quite a bit and a good branded one could be bought for around 3000 or so.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
pradipudhaya said:
Hello people, please help me. Well, what should I do if the computer turns off after a power failure?? After restarting, wat are the steps to be taken? Thank you.

Just allow to scan...........buddy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom