Power DVD 6 or Win DVD 7??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually i was using win dvd 6 before i came to know about the new power DVD 6! Then i get shifted to it.
Now as the new Win DVD 7 is released, i was trying to install it on my system.But to my surprise, even after the installation i am not able to play any files on it and even after the restart, it doesn't open,plus its starting logo comes and halts my system. :(

Hence, I am asking for help??

By the way, is windvd 7 worth installing??
Please let me know ur suggestions, and your choices.

Thank you very much.

G

gxsaurav

I don't use either, but i can say one thing. WinDVD takes over your system compleately, like in my case, when i installed tried & uninstalled it, it screwed .dat file extension. Since dat files not only for VCD files but also data files scattered all over the system...i set up an custom icon, & now after windvd uninstallation they only show up default wmp10 icon & even if using the old icon in tools->folder option, it doesn't work

powerdvd is better, as it deosn't do anything to your system

Go for WinDVD if U want a flashy DVD player, or PowerDVD if u want a simple player

I use Purevideo decoders (hardware acceleration of mpg2 even on FX 5900XT) with WMP10

OP
mayanksharma

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx sourav!!
and by the way, what about the sound quality?
Do you get good sound quality and options in the pure videos decoders??

And apart from these two, which other dvd player softwares would you recommend regarding their overall performance and features?

Thank you.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I have both i,e Power DVD 6 Delux and Win DVD 7 Platinum in the Pc....

Win DVD 7 support [presets]upto 7 Speakers with Hall effects with Sydney/Chicago/Broadway theater presets and more......and more Video Control presets......(I think this all not necessary for regular use)

But it still not make down the PowerDVD6......with CPLV for Advance Zooming DVD title.....CLEV for poor quality /Old Colour Picture.....CLVS for low end/2.1 Sound System.......it is awesome......

So my vote goes to PowerDVD6 Delux Edition.

OP
mayanksharma

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
looks like, now i dont need to install WinDVD 7 anymore.
and by the way...... are there any methods,through which we can get more sound options for PowerDVD.
Actually its because, i've got 27 speakers connected to my system. And my friends tell me that Windvd 7 offers nice ambience and more power-packed sound options,including custom equalizer!!

So, if there are any options regarding that, then i'll be eagerly looking forward for the answers here.

And also thank you so much for sharing your reviews.

Vyasram

The pWnster
i prefer power dvd, i never felt at ease while usin win dvd platinum especially it's interface

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yeah widvd really sucks in the way it installs crap on your system.. But i use it just for one awesome feature.. TrimensionDNM.. You have to check it out! Its under video center.. And it works only with DVD's, not other media files.. Ah and yes, there are more sound options in windvd.. But if you want a no nonsense player, go for power dvd..

OP
mayanksharma

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Are yaar kalpik, that is why i am still impressed with windvd. TrimensionDNM kamaal ki cheez hai yaar. Yaad hai jab humne pehli baar ise chalaya tha to powerdvd ko to instantly uninstall kiya tha.

And by the way, why are u still using Windvd?? huh?:wink:

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
WinDVD, I felt was an embarrassment of riches - too many options loaded in it and frankly hardly ever used regularly for it to be christened worthy. On the other hand, I felt the PowerDVD player was relatively light on the system and also had the minimum set of functionalities that I was looking for. I would say PowerDVD worked better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom