Power Consumption Of My Pc At An Average???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bala4digit

Journeyman
what it will be???

How much units of energy will my PC consume in an hour....what it will cost??......give me both Maximum And Minimum....

My config :

P4 2.8 Ghz,865GV motherboard , exclude speakers!!.., 256 RAM, Extreme Grafix card 2 -inbuilt,17inch monitor,MMkibrd,Optical Mouse!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

BYE!!!

-MOJOJOJO-

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
well the max is an easy calculation ...

it the power of ur SMPS ((might be around 200 to 400 watts,generally 350 watts on stuff from Kobian ))+external monitor power !!!!

min is a tricky thing ..

depends on wat ur usage is

it will be min when u put it on stand by for example
ie the harddisk is turned off minimal supply to RAM

but on general usage ,

well.....

the monitor draws external power
and evrythin else would be on so in your case a decent approximation can be ...
350 to 400 watts

gycapri

Broken In
i dont know but i'll to share with u that when i buyed my pc & started working on it my mom was scolding me by saying that who the hell is going to give bills but believe me no extra money came except around 50 Rs .

i listen music on my pc as my mom dont let me buy any music system & i also dont have cable in my home but i've got broadband .

so my pc runs generally from 9am to 12 at night during my holidays & during my collg days it run 5pm to 2am .

so dont worry

godsownman

Padawan
I will share something which I read in the Times of India some time back.

It says and I am quoting

Computer 100-150 Watts when used for 3 to 4.5 hours a day will consume one unit of power when used for anything between 6hrs 40 min - 10 hours.

After this we are supposed to calculate the units we consume and multiply it by the per unit cost ( This generally appears in the electricity bill ).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom