Post ur Suggestions For New [Windows Vista Ultimate] PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I got a Budget of 30k...and planning to Buy a Vista compatible PC which will enable me to experience all the core experiences(Aero,Flip 3d ..etc...etc) of Windows Vista(ULTIMATE)... & also it should work smooth..Kindly Do suggest me some Best Hardware Details for My Budget:)

CPU:
MotherBoard:
Chipset:
RAM:
GFX Card:
DVD writer: (Got some doubts whether to Go for LG/Samsung)
Brand for Good 15 inch LCD Monitor:

Waiting for Replies from Choto,Gxsaurav,TechGeek and All Geeks living in here:)

Third Eye

gooby pls
CPU -> Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (630series) Rs 4000
Motherboard -> Intel D955XCSLKR -> Rs 6200-6300
RAM -> 2X512 DDR 2 RAM (Kingston) -> Rs 3500
GFX Card -> XFX 6600GT(128MB) -> Rs 4000
DVD writer -> Go for LG

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Tech Genius said:
CPU -> Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (630series) Rs 4000
Motherboard -> Intel D955XCSLKR -> Rs 6200-6300
RAM -> 2X512 DDR 2 RAM (Kingston) -> Rs 3500
GFX Card -> XFX 6600GT(128MB) -> Rs 4000
DVD writer -> Go for LG

Why is Pentium 4 Opted? I thought Dual Core/Core 2 Duo would be Better?
and Why is " 2X512 DDR 2 RAM (Kingston) " suggested when i can Get a single 1GB Ram? "Regarding the GFX Card...Is it Vista Compatible? coz i have heard Most of gfx cards just say that it supports vista but isnt compatible with all the Effects?..Could Some1 Put More Light on this issue...:confused:

This was some of my research done on the internet but still not found out whether it will come within my Budget :D

CPU -> Intel Core 2 Duo(2.93Ghz)--->Price--?
Motherboard -> Asus Manufactured
RAM -> 1GB DDR2 Ram (Kingston)
GFX Card -> Not Yet Decided
DVD writer ->Always Like LG Model

@sukhdeepsinghkohli
I honestly Going to "Not use a Pirated one"..But Just Give it a Trial for a Few days;):)

Third Eye

gooby pls
and Why is " 2X512 DDR 2 RAM (Kingston) " suggested when i can Get a single 1GB Ram? "

2X512 MB DDR2 RAM is faster than 1GB

Regarding the GFX Card...Is it Vista Compatible? coz i have heard Most of gfx cards just say that it supports vista but isnt compatible with all the Effects?..Could Some1 Put More Light on this issue...:confused:

It is vista compatible

u can run vista in some onboard chipsets too :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I would have suggested Core 2 duo, but then that would be out of your budget

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ AM2

2X512 MB DDR2 RAM, 2 modules mean running the RAM in dual channel mode which increases the overall bandwidth resulting in performance increase

I would recommend Asus M2A-VM motherboard, AMD 690G chip set is preferred due to solid on board graphics, assuming that you do not play games

Since you did not mentioned games, stick with on board graphics. It is enough for Vista.

For DVD Writer go for Sony OEM DW-Q120A

No use "buying" Vista ultimate. If you are paying for it, then get Home premium for 10.5k

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
rakeshishere said:
Originally Posted by Tech Genius
2X512 MB DDR2 RAM is faster than 1GB

How..? Is it by preference or technically is it True?
By both its true.It means running the Ram in Dual Channel more which is faster as it opens more piplelines to the CPU enabling higher data transfer rates.

u can run vista in some onboard chipsets too
For Example...?
For example Intel 950 GMA And Ati Xpress 200 Graphic and above.
Aero works flawlessly with the above onboard graphic chipsets.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
gx_saurav said:
I would have suggested Core 2 duo, but then that would be out of your budget

What is the Price of it..?

2X512 MB DDR2 RAM, 2 modules mean running the RAM in dual channel mode which increases the overall bandwidth resulting in performance increase
Mhhh..How abt 2 X 1GB RAM :D

I would recommend Asus M2A-VM motherboard, AMD 690G chip set is preferred due to solid on board graphics, assuming that you do not play games
Since you did not mentioned games, stick with on board graphics. It is enough for Vista.
Nope..No Games at all..I just want the OS and few apps..I also thought of Going for Asus;)

For DVD Writer go for Sony OEM DW-Q120A

I heard the NEW LG Drives are very durable? Any Reason for SONY..?

No use "buying" Vista ultimate. If you are paying for it, then get Home premium for 10.5k
Let me See if i can Finalize the PC deal with my Parents:p:D

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
well than here is my suggestion

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 -5200
Intel DG965RY -Rs 5300 (onboard can run Aero Easily) :p
2x1 Kingston 667 -3700 (or Dynet 3000)
Lite On writr -1700
19inch BenQ TFT with DVI -11300

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Budget Reduced from 30k to 20k...:( So I got No Hope of Getting a Gfx Card or Dual Core Processor..Kindly suggest MotherBoard(Preferably Asus) with OnBoard Gfx which supports vista(ultimate):)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
rakeshishere said:
Budget Reduced from 30k to 20k...:( So I got No Hope of Getting a Gfx Card or Dual Core Processor..Kindly suggest MotherBoard(Preferably Asus) with OnBoard Gfx which supports vista(ultimate):)
ASUS p5B-VM

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
ASUS p5B-VM is costlier than Intel DG 965RY :(..Suggest me in this way that That Total Cost of Processor and mother board should be 10k(exact price with Best Performance) :)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
freshseasons said:
For example Intel 950 GMA And Ati Xpress 200 Graphic and above.
Aero works flawlessly with the above onboard graphic chipsets.

Aero is disabled in the ATI X200. I tried hell and heaven to enable it but couldn't:(

If u still want to go with LCD Monitor in ur reduced budget ...then its not possible ... if u can settle with CRT monitor ..then this config will suit u ..

AMD 3600+ Proccy --> 3400/-
Jetway AMD690G Board 3400/-
2*512 Mb Kingston DDR2 667 --> 2200/-
LG/SAMSUNG 17" Monitor -->4500/-
Lite on DVD RW -->1700/-

This is a dual core config ...and the onbaord graphics have enough juice to run all features of VISTA ............ and its better then P4 processers ..any time....

Pathik

Google Bot
AMD x2 3800+
Asus M2A VM / Biostar TA 690 G
1*1 Gb ddr2 533mhz ram
Sony dru 830a
Vip case+ 400W PSU

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Ok...Folks..Thanks all for ur valuable suggestions.Finally purchased the rig @ total price of 19k excluding the price of the monitor..

Here is MY CONFIGURATION:

PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz :D
MOTHERBOARD: Intel DG965RY :p
RAM: 1GB DDR2 ;)

I was able to run Vista smoothly on My OnBoard Gfx.Thanks for whoever suggested me the OnBoard MotherBoard.Well,here are some Screenshots taken immediately after I just logged into Vista desktop:-

1. This picture was taken with Aero disabled as I hadn’t installed the drivers for my hardware.

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/2580/ScreenShot1.th.jpg

2. This picture shows the configuration of My Hardware.Do not be fooled by the WEI (Windows Experience Index).Even I was misled too: D and it was rectified after the installation of the drivers.

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/7851/ScreenShot2.th.jpg

3. This is the fake WEI which I was talking about previously.

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/2247/ScreenShot3.th.jpg

4. Here is the original Base Score of my WEI.

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/5660/ScreenShot4.th.jpg

5. Now the “WOW” factor, I mean Windows Aero Effect which cannot be so well portrayed from the below screenshot.

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/7663/ScreenShot5.th.jpg

6. The Task bar window preview feature of Vista.

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/3087/ScreenShot6.th.jpg

7. Windows Flip 3D in Action.

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/3460/ScreenShot7.th.jpg

I just Posted the screenshots for a proof & just in case Any1 else might have doubt about this MotherBoard in Future;):p

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Lucky_star said:
Aero is disabled in the ATI X200. I tried hell and heaven to enable it but couldn't:(
Please download the correct drivers preferably from ATI site, for Ati X200 and Aero will be on.
Please download these drivers from *ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/integrated-vista32.html
This will work. After reboot you can see the Aero option and can enable it.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
rakeshishere said:
Could Some one over Here just briefly describe me on How could I could i over clock my Core 2 Duo Processor? :)

Since you have a Intel Board, you cannot overclock. Thats the only limitation i see in Intel Board at the moment. Maybe some day Intel comes with a NEW BIOS for us to overclock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom