post all your system software here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushbansal

Right off the assembly line
as so many people complainng of their slow systems i thought of starting this topic.u guys post your best software u use to increase system software.i use pcthrust and pcbooster and they works great.also u can post other softwares like to increase internet speed etc.iuse proxyconn and my speed icreases dramatically.

shaunak

Tux Fan
well i use tweak ui not to gain speed but to gain control over the windows gui. it helps to do many xp tricks without changing registry manully like remove the recycle bin, add or remove tabs etc.
the only thing it does for speed is it allows u to control the menu show delay of xp amd some other minimal stuff

escape7

What? Where? How?
My systeam is DEAD SLOW. :( , help needed!

config :
P-III 1ghz
256 MB ram
Windows XP with SP2

i've tried a lot of softwares but nothing happened

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
escape7 said:
My systeam is DEAD SLOW. Sad , help needed!

config :
P-III 1ghz
256 MB ram
Windows XP with SP2

dont mind..... win2k SP4 pro is also a good option..... has all the fetures more or less like XP though the user interface is like 98SE..... but to me its a worth a try.... unless u have fasination for winXP..... win2k SP4 with ZAP5.5+KAV5.0 in a P-III 900MHz 128MB 20GB gives me a very good performance.....

& yes u can also try

cheetah said:
I prefer full reinstallation in such cases...

but with SP2 XP + NIS (optional) realy need a very fast PC even an athlon 64 with 512 ddr400 & 80 SATA strugels to keep up.....

there is a another post running in topic callled, i think "make ur XP start fast".... visit that it also have good replys about the XP......

escape7

What? Where? How?
saurav_cheeta said:
escape7 said:
My systeam is DEAD SLOW. Sad , help needed!

config :
P-III 1ghz
256 MB ram
Windows XP with SP2

dont mind..... win2k SP4 pro is also a good option..... has all the fetures more or less like XP though the user interface is like 98SE..... but to me its a worth a try.... unless u have fasination for winXP..... win2k SP4 with ZAP5.5+KAV5.0 in a P-III 900MHz 128MB 20GB gives me a very good performance.....

I had win 2k for 3 years........got bored of it so i switched over to XP :(

Biplav

In the zone
My systeam is DEAD SLOW. , help needed!

config :
P-III 1ghz
256 MB ram
Windows XP with SP2

do u have any important applications whose cd u dont have? if u got all the important applications and games on cds then try formatting ur windows drive.
believe me when my computer used to slow down ,i always formatted it. the boost in overall speed is tremendous as over the time with many applicaions installs and uninstalls make the os really slow.
A format will delete all hence ur computer will show a significant decrease in time consumption to load .

the 2nd option-if u dont have the cds then i dont think formatting is a good idea. Try Registry cleaners andSpyware and Adware removal tools.Keep Anti-virus updated .
the reg cleaners do a good job as i use it and a considerable boost in speed is always achieved after regular cleanups.
Softwares to try:
System mechanic
Reg Cleaner
Spybot S&Da very useful utility
rest i will post later

escape7

What? Where? How?
I tried formatting & reinstalling a lot of times. Nothing much happened. Earlier it was a bit fast, now nothing is happening.

PS: I can reinstall Windows XP with my eyes closed. I've gotten tired of doing all this over & over again.

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
Hey my old P3 PC is suffering from the same speed problem like ESCAPE.
I too try to format my hdd and also reinstall WinXP , but all in vain.

My confi is.
P3 750 MHZ, Sis 630E Mobo, 128 SD Ram, 20 GB HDD With Win 98 and Win XP SP2 install on it

I have also clean the CPU Fan and heatsink but the speed does not improve.
The PC takes 5 min to start completely. As i am using lan i cant disable the Remote Services to save some memory resources.

Even Win 98 does not run on it as fast as it can.

AiM

Banned
biplav said:
Proxyconn is an internet acceletrator that promises to load web pages nearly 10 times faster on dial up[ connection . it has been hugely popular in USA .
the only thing against it is that this again just like Onspeed is a 7 days trial version!!
Click here to go to the website
www.proxyconn.com

I've already fond it. But is this a software or a service. I mean if I got the program can i use it from my sytem for accelleration indepentent of the providers help . or if this a cacheing technology in which i've to connect to web through thier server.

If it's an independednt program, who cares 'bout the 7 day limit '8)'

Biplav

In the zone
@ aim-
I think its Just like any other accelerator that connects to its server site and then redirects to the link u have asked for. just like a proxy server. though i havent tried,this is wat my friend said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom