• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Help abt the bill

Is that soething Wrong with the bill
I've bought modem of my own
Explain each ine in detail
PlZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I think something is wrong with the bill
I use data1 250 plan and a bephone
 
Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

max_demon said:
Help abt the bill

Is that soething Wrong with the bill
I've bought modem of my own
Explain each ine in detail
PlZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I think something is wrong with the bill
I use data1 250 plan and a bephone
well 773 are dataone(rental+installtion+all types of charges) charges and rest are ur call charges.

for more info on ur diwali gift:lol: concact ur exchange
 

kisorgovinda

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

gary4gar said:
well 773 are dataone(rental+installtion+all types of charges) charges and rest are ur call charges.

for more info on ur diwali gift:lol: concact ur exchange

Is it so gary? Kindly check the bill again.
 
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

max_demon said:
Help abt the bill

Is that soething Wrong with the bill
I've bought modem of my own
Explain each ine in detail
PlZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I think something is wrong with the bill
I use data1 250 plan and a bephone


Well, If you have bought your own modem, then you shouldn't be charged any rentals for the modem. What you see as 'debits' is your actual broadband charges, rest all are your telephone call charges and tax.

Now if your broadband charges is Rs733:
  • The monthly charge of the package is Rs250/-
  • No rentals for the modem since you have your own.
  • Free 410MB Data Transfer
  • 733-250= Rs483. So, Rs483/- is your additional usage charges since you have crossed the free limit of 410MB.
  • You will be charged at Rs1.40 per additional MB
  • So if your charged Rs483/-. Then 483/1.4= 345. So you have used 345MB extra.
  • So in total, you have used 345+410= 755MB!
  • Now, you can check your broadband usage by logging onto your dataone administration page and if it's anything less that 755MB, then it's a problem with the BILL!!!!:rolleyes:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy!
 

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

I have seen But How to see of exact month
my steps -
www.dataone.in
entered my username & passwd
then clicked
Service Records
It is showing this

__________
therefore I must be charged 1650 Rs but BSNL is charging Rs 2156
It has been added due to "Other debits" 733
so What is other debits
__________
And my first bill has charged me Rs.1313 It has included the charges of installation so .. why I M charged double
 
Last edited:
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

max_demon said:
I have seen But How to see of exact month
my steps -
www.dataone.in
entered my username & passwd
then clicked
Service Records
It is showing this

__________
therefore I must be charged 1650 Rs but BSNL is charging Rs 2156
It has been added due to "Other debits" 733
so What is other debits
__________
And my first bill has charged me Rs.1313 It has included the charges of installation so .. why I M charged double


Dude, on this page, you need to select the month that you think you are charged extra for and then click on 'OK'. Just select the month and leave the other options as it is. When you click on 'OK', it will tell you the actual GB usage for that month upto date. So, if it is showing 0.737GB that means, it's 0.737x1024= 755MB. So if your free usage is 410MB, then you extra usage is 755-410= 345MB. So you will be charged 345x1.4= Rs483/- extra for that month and plus Rs250/- plan charges. So you pay a total of Rs733/- extra! And All your Dataone charges will always come under 'Other Debits' All the other sections in the bill are only for your telephone charges. Dataone charges are always under other debits, so even if you don't use extra a month, your other debits will atleast be Rs250/-:cool:
 
Last edited:

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

I applied for plan change from home 384 to home UL 900 on August 18 and from 7th sep(before 7th sep, my phone went dead from 29th aug to 7th sep) I started getting 30 kbps download speed. I also confirmed it from bsnl office. I checked the bill online and saw a bill of Rs. 3259 for the month of september. Previouly for the month of August I got 3520 bill.

August month :- 1183 net chargable calls+180 rental+around 400 tax+1680(internet charges)=3520

September month :- 943 net chargable calls+180 rental+around 350 tax+900(internet charges)=3259

As you can internet charges 1680-900=780, so in the first only I shud get 780 less from august's bill and net chargable calls is 240 less in sep, it will decrease the bill further. lesser tax too.

Can anyone please tell me why I am getting high bills.
 
Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

anirudhasarawgi said:
I applied for plan change from home 384 to home UL 900 on August 18 and from 7th sep(before 7th sep, my phone went dead from 29th aug to 7th sep) I started getting 30 kbps download speed. I also confirmed it from bsnl office. I checked the bill online and saw a bill of Rs. 3259 for the month of september. Previouly for the month of August I got 3520 bill.

August month :- 1183 net chargable calls+180 rental+around 400 tax+1680(internet charges)=3520

September month :- 943 net chargable calls+180 rental+around 350 tax+900(internet charges)=3259

As you can internet charges 1680-900=780, so in the first only I shud get 780 less from august's bill and net chargable calls is 240 less in sep, it will decrease the bill further. lesser tax too.

Can anyone please tell me why I am getting high bills.

Haha, that's because BSNL has made a mistake, as usual, that's y!!! Read my previous posts here for my experience with high bills.:mad:
 

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Help~Is~Here said:
Dude, on this page, you need to select the month that you think you are charged extra for and then click on 'OK'. Just select the month and leave the other options as it is. When you click on 'OK', it will tell you the actual GB usage for that month upto date. So, if it is showing 0.737GB that means, it's 0.737x1024= 755MB. So if your free usage is 410MB, then you extra usage is 755-410= 345MB. So you will be charged 345x1.4= Rs483/- extra for that month and plus Rs250/- plan charges. So you pay a total of Rs733/- extra! And All your Dataone charges will always come under 'Other Debits' All the other sections in the bill are only for your telephone charges. Dataone charges are always under other debits, so even if you don't use extra a month, your other debits will atleast be Rs250/-:cool:
but where is other month i cant see that it shows 2006-10
2006-2008 like that
 

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Help~Is~Here said:
Hi Everyone! Yeah, I'm fresh stock in digit forum but what I would like to say is that Broadband Technology is dependent on a lot of factors. And from my exprience working as a Support Engineer for 'Demon Internet' which is an ISP in the UK who provides the connections through BT's(British Telecom) telephone line. And I have seen a lot of people having lot of misconceptions about technical broadband issues. What I would like to say is that, perhaps with the experience that I have the relevent field, possibly I can try answering all technical queries in terms of realistic broadband performance parameters like download speeds, connectivity issues, router configurations and so on. So, till I'm here, hope I can be of some help:)

Hmm, if you really worked for BT and that too in aDSL department then you could help me a bit, are you thre btw ?
Mine problem is simple, that I have struggle hard to get download link of "256kbps' or above , on first it seems that line is faulty.
Ok I went to exchange and they said that we have just alloted you BB connection on your own risk as your house is more than 3 kms away ie. they can only provide support in 3 km range.
Here are the stats for adsl from the modem

But thats only when if I select "adsl mode" as "multimode" , default ADSL2+ gives only 96 kbps download link.
On the other hand, a guy, a km away, having BB and same modem on selecting adsl2+ gets download link of 2046 ie. around 2mbps (it means that he can use upto 2mbps plan without problem).

One more thing to note here that when I select aDSL mode as "ADSL@+" then link get stable on its own but when I select multimode then I have to use few tricks to make it stable.
So I want that I can get proper download link with ADSL2+ as then I won't have to worry for link stability.

What should I suggest to link man and exchange guy to do in this concern ?
They are getting paid for nothing so they never worry to diagnose anything.. they only repair things those are normal and usual..ie they know it already else they wont bother.
 

Sourabh

Laptoping
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Try other modes if your router supports it. I have a Surecom 4 port ethernet router and by default it sets up the connecting in glite modulation and I get link speed of 512/2048 kbps. I faced the link instability problem too on my side but I reckon it was due to pbx phone setup at my place. Things are fine now however.
 

thinkingdigit

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Guys i am still facing the same low speed problem..its been a while now and even the bsnl officials are not acting on it....please help..
 

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Update from BSNL regarding my billing problem: Have been told to go to meet the DGM Broadband at Telephone Bhavan, BBD Bagh, Kolkata and explain him the problem. Local SDE told that he can recreate the bill for one month but problem is at the basic level of plan allocation. Although it is 500 night usage is not shown as '0'. Have to do that. I told them the very same thing the first day itself 3 months ago. Now I will go next week and tell him my story and then he will do the needful and forward to Manicktala AOTR and then to my local exchange and then the corrected bill to me. In the meantime there is another huge bill for september. Hopefully all will be solved within one month starting now...:(...Anyway, there is hope now.:|

Will give more updates later.
 

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

@ricky.. dude get a 3rd part adsl model like linksys. much better results...and will help in ur case.
 
Nat Error With Torrent Agents/downloading Torrent Files....plzzzzzzz Help

guys..facing a problem downlading torrent files...i got the home 500 plan... i get what is called as the "NAT error..."... leave alone downloading the files... :( have tried my luck with clients such as AZEREUS,LIMEWIRE but in vain,,, i guess some tweaking has to be done like port forwarding,etc etc..,i did try at following the instructions at portforward.com...

but did some dirty work around there which messed up my entire connection..,then had to call up the authorities to "reset" my connection...

so anybody out there..,pls help me on how to get rid of this NAT error,some port settings..,etc etc so that i could download torrent files...\

some of my friends who got the airtel broadband say BSNL does not support downloading torrents as port forwarding may prove to be dangerous.... is that so...???

anybody faced anything similar to me... plzzzzzzzz help me out.........
 

rounit

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

hey friends i m unable 2 use the internet

when i complain then no action is taken
 

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Re: Nat Error With Torrent Agents/downloading Torrent Files....plzzzzzzz Help

karthik316_2003 said:
guys..facing a problem downlading torrent files...i got the home 500 plan... i get what is called as the "NAT error..."... leave alone downloading the files... :( have tried my luck with clients such as AZEREUS,LIMEWIRE but in vain,,, i guess some tweaking has to be done like port forwarding,etc etc..,i did try at following the instructions at portforward.com...

but did some dirty work around there which messed up my entire connection..,then had to call up the authorities to "reset" my connection...

so anybody out there..,pls help me on how to get rid of this NAT error,some port settings..,etc etc so that i could download torrent files...\

some of my friends who got the airtel broadband say BSNL does not support downloading torrents as port forwarding may prove to be dangerous.... is that so...???

anybody faced anything similar to me... plzzzzzzzz help me out.........
Buddy, there is no such problem, infact BSNL, being a govt. curriculum are very much ignorent to such thing ie torrents etc. and I feel that they are best for doing such stuff, all problem I feel is bcz of your setup ie. your side, nothing to do with BSNL.

Reset your modem, there is buttun do to that in back , hold it for few seconds while modem is on.
Also remove any firewall or internt security software, then set your modem to connect on its own and use it as router.
See it things works then !!
__________
thinkingdigit said:
Guys i am still facing the same low speed problem..its been a while now and even the bsnl officials are not acting on it....please help..
As I have done, try experimenting with various modes in your modem available, and stick with one wich gives download link of more than 256 kbps !

You have to open modem's web interface and then something under "ADSL" you can find the same !
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom